Steven Stamkos with 5 Goals tonight

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Not to rain on his parade, but that's exactly what he should do playing against kids his own age. He has 39 goals in 57 games against 18-, 19- and 20-year-olds in the OHL this season, so he should dominate against 16-year-olds.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Not to rain on his parade, but that's exactly what he should do playing against kids his own age. He has 39 goals in 57 games against 18-, 19- and 20-year-olds in the OHL this season, so he should dominate against 16-year-olds.

Especially against a team that has 1 15 year old (Jordan Costello) and 1 14 year old (Brandon Gormley) on its roster.

As well, PEI only has 1 CHL Player (Chris Doyle) on its roster.

The rest are Midget players and I think 1-2 High Schoolers.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Well whoever tanks next year has their man....
the clear cut #1 is far from set in stone, 2008 has many good eligible players. I have a feeling the 2008 draft will remind alot of people of the 2003 draft. Lots of incredible talents. I think 2008 will have more top end talent than 2003 tho. If Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo and Del Zotto were all eligible for this years draft, would all be top 5 picks imo.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Not to hijack the thread, but 15 year old Landon Ferraro had 4 goals tonight. BC beat NB 8-6. He will give Tavares a run for 2009 ... ;) just kidding

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Good for Stamkos, as I said in another thread, with the amount of talent that'll will be in the draft in 08, I'm surprised a couple of teams have already given up their 1st 08 this early.

According to CHL prospects(for what it's worth)its suggested that it would be Doughty that would give Stamkos a run for 1st overall in 08. Still, watching Stamkos on the ice(and Sarnia hasn't had a lot to cheer about for 2 years)impressive stuff. I believe at last check he was 6th in OHL points.

I could handle if he was "only" 5th overall in the draft ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->