Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If we add Karlsson Im expecting Stamkos to get close to career PP numbers.
I don't know... do we really want to f*** with the personnel of our top PP (at least outside of piece #5)? The past two seasons with Hedman as QB we have had 3rd best PP% and 2nd in PP goals in 17-18, and the 6th best PP% and 1st in PP goals in 16-17.

That all changed when we put Hedman onto PP1. I don't think we f*** with that.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't know... do we really want to **** with the personnel of our top PP (at least outside of piece #5)? The past two seasons with Hedman as QB we have had 3rd best PP% and 2nd in PP goals in 17-18, and the 6th best PP% and 1st in PP goals in 16-17.

That all changed when we put Hedman onto PP1. I don't think we **** with that.

As crazy as it sounds, our PP could be better with Karlsson. I think Hedman does a phenomenal job as the PPQB. I just like Karlssons ability to get shots through better. Hedmans shots go wide almost every time. Sometimes to the point where it ends up out of the zone. He does everything else very well. Just wish he could get the puck through better.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I'm growing tired of the disrespect stamkos gets on the main boards.

He's not a Franchise Center. Hes a really solid Number 1 with a hell of a shot, but not a Franchise guy. As soon as I accepted that I stopped caring what anyone else thought of him. I like Stamkos as a Human being. I think he is a great guy, and everything being equal he is a guy we should be proud of being the face of the club. Bottom line is though, other than his shot (Which for some reason he doesn't shoot as much as he should.) he isn't a Franchise calibur guy. Sorry.....

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He's not a Franchise Center. Hes a really solid Number 1 with a hell of a shot, but not a Franchise guy. As soon as I accepted that I stopped caring what anyone else thought of him. I like Stamkos as a Human being. I think he is a great guy, and everything being equal he is a guy we should be proud of being the face of the club. Bottom line is though, other than his shot (Which for some reason he doesn't shoot as much as he should.) he isn't a Franchise calibur guy. Sorry.....
he is what he is before the broken leg he was close to a franchise player now he is what he is a good number one center thank can score 30 to 35 goals a season.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/all-purpose-tavares-thread.2517229/

I feel like we wouldnt have been as upset had Stamkos went to Toronto. I definitely feel for them though.
Meh. I will never rag on a player for exercising his collectively bargained rights to test the market and go where he wants.

I'm imagining if law firms across the country had a lawyer draft, and I got stuck at a firm in Boston or something like that. f*** that. Go where you want.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If Tavares indeed asked the Isles not to trade him at the TDL then I'd say it really is a piece of shit move. If not, he didn't really do anything wrong. I easily accepted that Stamkos was leaving and was actually pretty surprised when he decided to stay here.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Meh. I will never rag on a player for exercising his collectively bargained rights to test the market and go where he wants.

I'm imagining if law firms across the country had a lawyer draft, and I got stuck at a firm in Boston or something like that. **** that. Go where you want.

I agree it would be weird for a Law firm draft lol. However I like the draft in professional sports. Bad teams get better prospects. Makes sense to me. Dont think it would make sense for worst law firms to get the best guys out of law school though. That probably wouldnt work so well lol.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I agree it would be weird for a Law firm draft lol. However I like the draft in professional sports. Bad teams get better prospects. Makes sense to me. Dont think it would make sense for worst law firms to get the best guys out of law school though. That probably wouldnt work so well lol.
I like the draft too. But I also like free agency. Both exist. A player shouldn't be shackled to an organization for his entire career because the lotto balls fell a certain way 9 years ago.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like the draft too. But I also like free agency. Both exist. A player shouldn't be shackled to an organization for his entire career because the lotto balls fell a certain way 9 years ago.
Teams already get almost 10 years of control of their drafted players. That's more than enough.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Welp...I pose the question...massive slump or the beginning of the end? What are our options?

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Our options suck. His play sucks and has been downtrending for a while but he's universally loved and respected by fans and media. I remember when we played Buffalo last year thinking I would trade Stamkos trade up for ROR. Still would. Or several other centers in the league. It just would be a very hard trade to pull off...I'm not sure which NHL GM's would trade for him currently and give fair value... And it could be a PR nightmare to even try. We bought out Vinnie though so I guess you never know.

I think it's really on the coaching staff to get in his ear and he has to somehow eliminate the stupid plays. they should be going over video and highlighting every stupid play after every game anyways right...? you would think he would catch on if he's put in the spotlight that frequently for making shity plays that lead to scoring chances or goals the other way.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, the politics behind this sucks he's pretty much untouchable because of who is. Only thing you can do is coach the habits out of him but I'm sure that's equally as hard for a "everybodies best friend" type of coach like Cooper.

Stamkos needs tough love, someone who can give him an earful when he makes stupid plays like MSL used to, seems like everybody on this team and organization has too much respect and is too scared to criticize the guy.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They have to hold him accountable for making the poor decisions hes making. I wouldnt be against Cooper benching him for a game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, the politics behind this sucks he's pretty much untouchable because of who is. Only thing you can do is coach the habits out of him but I'm sure that's equally as hard for a "everybodies best friend" type of coach like Cooper.

Stamkos needs tough love, someone who can give him an earful when he makes stupid plays like MSL used to, seems like everybody on this team and organization has too much respect and is too scared to criticize the guy.

We might need a "bad cop" associate coach. Maybe we already have one, who knows. Scotty Bowman always surrounded himself with "good cops," because he was the nightmare cop.

Coop might need somebody nearby who'll be hard on players, when necessary. Stamkos needs somebody to be hard on him right now.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Cooper is spineless. I doubt it will ever happen. He should be demoted down a line or two or three though.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It would never happen but what about a 3 team trade with SJ for Karlsson?

TB - Karlsson
SJ - Stamkos
West team - Picks to be middle man so SJ doesnt have to give up a first to OTT.

I know SJ had huge interest in Stamkos when he became a FA.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Better Stammer but I need this all year and into the finals. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->