Steven Kampfer

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
excellent game tonight for Kampfer, kid is certainly looking legit.

between him and Justin Braun (SJ), not sure which one I like more! Kampfer has a wonderful shot from the point that seems to be very accurate, he looks to be exactly what the Bruins hoped Matt Hunwick could have been for them.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
It was totally random when the Ducks traded him to Boston for a 4th or 5th. We should have kept him....Hes been playing solid from what Ive seen him play this year

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Here's how it all went down:
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/2011/01/14_steven_kampfer_anatomy_of.php

And no, Kampfer is not a fighter. Just a player that Anaheim didn't realize they had. One thing Weisbrod did point out and that didn't make the story is that on another team with several fast D/PMDs, Kampfer's success probably wouldn't generate as much buzz as it has in Boston. The Bruins simply don't have any other player on defense with his skating and skill set, so his impact is magnified as opposed to if he were in Anaheim or Colorado or Detroit, for instance.

Fair point, IMO.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA

And no, Kampfer is not a fighter. Just a player that Anaheim didn't realize they had. One thing Weisbrod did point out and that didn't make the story is that on another team with several fast D/PMDs, Kampfer's success probably wouldn't generate as much buzz as it has in Boston. The Bruins simply don't have any other player on defense with his skating and skill set, so his impact is magnified as opposed to if he were in Anaheim or Colorado or Detroit, for instance.

Fair point, IMO.

This. Anaheim had too many defensemen coming in this year and coming in next year so he was just the odd man out.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It was totally random when the Ducks traded him to Boston for a 4th or 5th. We should have kept him....Hes been playing solid from what Ive seen him play this year

I was going to post something about him on the Ducks forum but couldn't remember if someone had done it already. Either way, I always thought he was solid, nothing really pops about his game but he seems like he could make a nice 2nd pairing solid two way defenseman. Fail Bargain Bob...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Fair point, IMO.

Great article and very interesting!

Wonder if Chia started to trust his scouts more after the Bochenski deal. I heard one of the scouts flipped when he heard we traded Versteeg for a bandaid forward. I know, he listened to them when Minny wanted Krejci instead of Kalus in the Fernandez deal. That could have been disastrous. He must have a lot of faith in them at this point.

Seguins Dragon*

You're a Bruins fans and you're asking how your own player has looked?

could be looking for outsider opinions...

a lot of people see their own players\prospects in a much brighter and optimistic way than others might... perhaps he wanted to have a neutral\nonbiased assessment.

Seguins Dragon*

Wonder if Chia started to trust his scouts more after the Bochenski deal. I heard one of the scouts flipped when he heard we traded Versteeg for a bandaid forward. I know, he listened to them when Minny wanted Krejci instead of Kalus in the Fernandez deal. That could have been disastrous. He must have a lot of faith in them at this point.

I did not know about either of these...

Interesting.

LucicTrain*

excellent game tonight for Kampfer, kid is certainly looking legit.

between him and Justin Braun (SJ), not sure which one I like more! Kampfer has a wonderful shot from the point that seems to be very accurate, he looks to be exactly what the Bruins hoped Matt Hunwick could have been for them.

people forget that Hunwick had a very good rookie season, Kampfer needs to keep it up for this season and beyond. wouldnt be the 1st time a rookie set the world on fire only to fall off the map later.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Holy ****!!! I never knew that. That would've been a steal. Do you know how close you guys came to including him?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I did not know about either of these...

Interesting.

Well, thats what I read in articles/info I found off of these boards, but I know one scout was definitely not happy after Chia moved Versteeg for Bochenski of all players.

Minny wanted Krejci, but Chia refused and settled on Kalus, I believe that is how that story went.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Holy ****!!! I never knew that. That would've been a steal. Do you know how close you guys came to including him?

Minnesota wanted him, but the Bruins weren't gonna give him up in the deal (mind you this is before Krejci was a regular in the NHL). Boston refused, and they settled on Kalus, who at the time looked very promising. Too bad that kid fell off, I had high hopes for him, even if it was within the Boston organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->