Player Discussion Steven Kampfer

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
I am starting to think that a Krug trade is going to happen. With all our depth at D and the value of Krug i think its a matter of time.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
In the expansion draft you have to expose a certain number of dmen and forwards who have played “x” number of games.

Moore and now Kampfer check off the boxes for dmen.

It does not mean that Seattle will not draft one of the Bruins draft eligible prospects.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was pleasantly surprised at Kampfer 2.0. Didn't miss a beat when placed in a position to succeed with the right amount of minutes. It's a long season, good deal.

pretty much did all you could ask from a depth D-man, step in when needed, don`t hurt the team defensively

Reactions: BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised at Kampfer 2.0. Didn't miss a beat when placed in a position to succeed with the right amount of minutes. It's a long season, good deal.

Agreed. I was worried he might not be able to handle the speed but he was ready for it. Well deserved IMO.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I said the same thing on Twitter to a bunch of people losing their **** over the signing, and they keep coming back at me with, "they have too many D" and "what about the kids"? :laugh:

I am not sure how some people can't see that this is just insurance, with literally zero risk and potentially a great move?
Insurance for injuried and/or hold outs on the right side

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
the way last season went, sweeney should have 14 D on the roster :)

smart signing. very solid depth guy, whether he's 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th.
If you build a top 5 D- balanced & deep you should never suck

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Insurance for injuried and/or hold outs on the right side
Surprised more people haven't noticed this is insurance against holdouts since we have two RD RFAs. The more guys signed who can play the right side, the less leverage the unsigned guys have.

The thing for Sweeney to do is to start with the easier signings like Kampfer, and then move on to the progressively more difficult ones. For this reason I predict Carlo signs before McAvoy.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Excellent move by the Bs. So many variables coming into play -- expansion draft, endless injuries, players needing to be signed. Signing a guy like Kampfer for peanuts for the next two years is great, especially with the flexibility they have with him. He's nothing special, but he is a definite NHL talent who plays a solid enough game when he's in the lineup. Also, love his attitude and his desire to be a B. Happy he will be staying a B.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Excellent move by the Bs. So many variables coming into play -- expansion draft, endless injuries, players needing to be signed. Signing a guy like Kampfer for peanuts for the next two years is great, especially with the flexibility they have with him. He's nothing special, but he is a definite NHL talent who plays a solid enough game when he's in the lineup. Also, love his attitude and his desire to be a B. Happy he will be staying a B.

Yup, he's happy to be here, embraces his role. Nice cap number, solid move.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
All the folks thinking there will be a d trade keep forgetting how much Sweeney loves having depth on d/8 nhl caliber guys through the season

This team partly lost the last round because our d was losing its physical stamina and the blues did not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad