Steve Yzerman vs. Joe Sakic

Who had the better career?

• Total voters

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Close but Sakic was the superior player especially in the playoffs, he was more clutch and clearly a better leader.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Must be a playoff choker then, 3 still greater than 2
Must be a playoff choker, 3 series win in head to head is still greater than 2. Second biggest choker ever after 2018-19 Lightning, 62 wins but no Cup and beat by who? Oh ya Sakic and the Avalanche.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Cant go wrong with either bu Sakics one of my top 3 all time favourite players.

His 2001 season was nuts, he won the Selke/Hart/Pearson/Cup and was IIRC 3 or 4 goals away from the Richard and 3 or 4 points from the Art Ross. Had he also won those two he'd of had possibly the best individual season in history with a sweep of every single award (except the Smythe).

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Cant go wrong with either bu Sakics one of my top 3 all time favourite players.

His 2001 season was nuts, he won the Selke/Hart/Pearson/Cup and was IIRC 3 or 4 goals away from the Richard and 3 or 4 points from the Art Ross. Had he also won those two he'd of had possibly the best individual season in history with a sweep of every single award (except the Smythe).

He didn't win the Selke.

I think that Yzerman was the better player. Sakic has the better resume.

Reactions: HangFromRafts

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yzerman had the more interesting story arc, more adversity to overcome and did so resurrecting an Original Six franchise. But Joe Sakic's career was all prime, no decline, and he didn't have to dramatically alter his high flying offense to become the two way champion Yzerman purportedly had to under Scotty Bowman.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->