Steve Thomas says announcement thursday (Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Question: How does Steve Thomas know? Is it a fact or is it his opinion?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Is it possible to say his exact words?

I mean, did he say it'll be announced thursday, he expect it to be announced thursday, he think it won't be announced before thursday, it'll be announced at the latest thurday...?

I'm optimistic, but I see this draggin until next week.

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
Duff88 said:
Is it possible to say his exact words?

I mean, did he say it'll be announced thursday, he expect it to be announced thursday, he think it won't be announced before thursday, it'll be announced at the latest thurday...?

I'm optimistic, but I see this draggin until next week.

Right sorry, he expects it to be announced thursday... why would he say thursday?
why not just say ''soon'' if he didnt know exactly?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
habs_24x said:
Right sorry, he expects it to be announced thursday... why would he say thursday?
why not just say ''soon'' if he didnt know exactly?
Because he thinks it's funny that Spungo continues with his predictions and wants to string him along just a little longer?

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
I get the feeling he doesn't have any idea what's going on and Thursday will pass with no deal.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Spungo said:
... and still no deal! :eek:

Today is Tuesday..

T-U-E-S-D-A-Y

Then comes Wednesday. THEN Thursday.

that means you can't say if there is a deal or not yet, because you are not a fortune teller.

But I know you're just here to make everyones blood boil.

You probably arent even a hockey fan. I expect you banned if not within the comming weeks, before the season starts.

Bank on that, my pudgy little friend.

Spungo*

Scugs said:
Today is Tuesday..

T-U-E-S-D-A-Y

Then comes Wednesday. THEN Thursday.

that means you can't say if there is a deal or not yet, because you are not a fortune teller.

But I know you're just here to make everyones blood boil.

You probably arent even a hockey fan. I expect you banned if not within the comming weeks, before the season starts.

Bank on that, my pudgy little friend.

Please post on topic. I'm here to talk hockey, not get insulted by people like you. Thanks.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wasn't Steve Thomas one of the first guys to come out and say if it takes a cap simular to basketball and football then maybe they should look at it ... only to come out right after and say he was misquoted??

Probably the same deal here ... he didn't say Thursday he said by thanksgiving day..... :innocent:

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
Spungo said:
Please post on topic. I'm here to talk hockey, not get insulted by people like you. Thanks.
No, you're not here to talk about hockey. You are here to troll around and piss people off.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Retire!! oh wait, this is thomas - i thought he was messier for a minute ;)

senate

Feb 25, 2004
Scugs said:
In a 600 page document, I expect there are alot of T's to cross, and alot if I's to dot.
Mabye next time they should just type it then.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
senate said:
Mabye next time they should just type it then.

No kidding. Hand writing is extremely over-rated these days. I mean, say if there's a smudge, or Bettman has crappy hand writing, the Cap could go from 36 million to 46 million. You never know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad