Celebrity Death: Steve Priest Of Sweet Dead at 72

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

This is a bubble gum or glam band and either you loved em or hate em---no real middle ground--but it was a fun band to listen to

Sweet - Co-Co - Promo Clip (OFFICIAL)
Sweet - The Ballroom Blitz (Official Video)

IN the thread we had about underrated bands this band came up-one problem with the band was beyond the control of the 4 band members control for awhile.

In Los Angeles there was the wrecking crew--musicians who were hired guns to play on many records. Here in the UK we had similar group( John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page Jeff Beck were part of the 1960's version) when Sweet record their first 3 albums in the 70s, the writing duo of Chinn and Chapman and the producers of the album brought in session musicians to "top" up the sound of the band to a point where is has been speculated that on the first two albums--only Brian Connelly actually was on the songs( he was the lead singer)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That was me who brought them up in the "underrated" thread. I like their music. It's corny, it's commercial, it's totally 70s, but it's fun and catchy. I actually prefer the more fun 70s music to the more serious, heavy stuff.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico

His solo part on Ballroom Blitz is absolute classic, though the song is not my favorite of theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee Wally

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
RIP
They rocked much harder than their pop hits would suggest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad