News Article: Steve Politi (NJ.com) - Dolan is a good hockey owner

SKjEi o2

Nov 13, 2013
I completely agree. He is the ideal owner. He'll use however much money it takes to win and lets the hockey minds figure out the best way to use his money. My only qualm with Dolan is that he hasn't fired Sather yet.

Good read, agree 100%.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
I don't think Dolan's willingness to spend money makes him a good owner; the ability to spend money is almost a defining characteristic of any NYC based franchise. If he didn't want to spend to the cap in NYC, that would make him a TERRIBLE owner.

I'm also not a huge fan of his love for Sather, or of the fact that I had to use Cablevision for years just because he wouldn't let FIOS have MSG.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The article brings up many valid points.

After missing the playoffs 7 years in a row, a league record at the time we have now made the playoffs 8 of the last 9. That's more then respectable.

Dolan let's Sather run the team. I have been advocating for a long time that we as a fan base need to stop dwelling on past seasons of Sather's rein and focus on the present, whatever that may bring.

The Stanley cup isn't the hardest trophy to win for a reason. The season is long, grueling, physically and mentally taxing. Add that to playing in one of the biggest markets in the NHL and the pressure is enormous. Frankly I don't think Sather feels the pressure and that's a good thing. Sather base's his decisions for the team on team need not his own job security.

Dolan may not be the best owner, but he is far from the worst.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I completely agree. He is the ideal owner. He'll use however much money it takes to win and lets the hockey minds figure out the best way to use his money. My only qualm with Dolan is that he hasn't fired Sather yet.

Good read, agree 100%.

Why would he fire Sather? The Rangers have made the playoffs 8 out of the past 9 years and are 1 win away from making the finals and you want to fire the GM . The Rangers are making a boatload of money under Sather as GM and you want him fired. You sound like someone who is a fool!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad