Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonneau

Jan 31, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
I think they messed up.

Yeah, he was playing great with them last season and some juniors feel like it's a slap in the face to be sent back down.

Obviously, Eminger hasn't responded as Washington would have liked. He'll definitely get his chance next year.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Carbonneau said:
Yeah, he was playing great with them last season and some juniors feel like it's a slap in the face to be sent back down.

Obviously, Eminger hasn't responded as Washington would have liked. He'll definitely get his chance next year.

Damn...I'm not a Caps fan by any means but I always thought Eminger would be a #1 or #2 D-man one day...

leafaholix*

He may... but guys like Grebeshkov and Colaiacovo are succeeding in the AHL.

He's gone 21 games without a point.

Carbonneau

Jan 31, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
He may... but guys like Grebeshkov and Colaiacovo are succeeding in the AHL.

He's gone 21 games without a point.

Ron Hainsey is starting to miss his window in MTL. He's got all the talent, but like Kevin Costner once said " He's got a million dollar arm with a 5 cent head "

Carbonneau

Jan 31, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I sometimes get the feeling that MTL is going to screw up Komisarek too. This guy could be a perfect 3-4 defenseman one day. He's got a big shot, but Julien never uses him on the PP.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Carbonneau said:
Ron Hainsey is starting to miss his window in MTL. He's got all the talent, but like Kevin Costner once said " He's got a million dollar arm with a 5 cent head "
I hope he will realise somehow someday that he need a head to play in NHL. at least he play very well in hamilton

37 games 6goals 13assits 19points +14

Carbonneau

Jan 31, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Cayouche5 said:
I hope he will realise somehow someday that he need a head to play in NHL. at least he play very well in hamilton

37 games 6goals 13assits 19points +14

It's great to play in Hamilton, let's hope he remembers that when his next contract comes up

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Carbonneau said:
It's great to play in Hamilton, let's hope he remembers that when his next contract comes up

Glen Hanlon made a point of sending Sutherby, Gordon, Eminger, and co. down to pay their dues and get a taste of the AHL life. Glenny is great with young kids, and undoubtedly has a soft spot for a few of his guys, (Whitfield, Mink, Verot, Peat, Pettinger) who have all recently seen more action. Eminger's ego probably took a hit after seeing time with Jagr, Lang, Gonchar, and Bondra...

Eminger has all the tools to be a #1-2 defenseman, and played reasonably well while in DC. His skill was only second to Gonchar's, but his awareness was out of sync.

I have a lot of faith in Hanlon's ability to bring the best out of him, he's already got the team to buy into his family atmosphere.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
This is Eminger's first year of pro hockey. Lots of guys stumble on their first year.

And remember, kiddos, defensemen do take longer.

Eminger will be a #1 - 3 defensemen in this league, don't worry about that!

leafaholix*

He has the talent to become a top pairing defenseman... but he's shown no signs of developing into one.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I think Eminger's going to be a good one. He's obviously having a tough run of it right now, but there is no question that the kid has talent, and from what i've seen a real willingness to get his nose dirty. Hopefully he takes something out of this season and comes back next year with his confidence in tact.

Minor bump on the road if you ask me...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Patty Roy said:
I think Eminger's going to be a good one. He's obviously having a tough run of it right now, but there is no question that the kid has talent, and from what i've seen a real willingness to get his nose dirty. Hopefully he takes something out of this season and comes back next year with his confidence in tact.

Minor bump on the road if you ask me...

Eminger reminds me of Chris Chelios.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Leafaholix said:
He has the talent to become a top pairing defenseman... but he's shown no signs of developing into one.
That's a pretty harsh/ignorant evaluation of a 20-year-old kid in his first season of pro hockey.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Kirk Pedersen said:
That's a pretty harsh/ignorant evaluation of a 20-year-old kid in his first season of pro hockey.

:handclap:

Unfortunately you get alot of this on HF...a young, blue-chipper struggles for 20 games and all the sudden he's a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->