Steve Downie is on pace for 345 PIM...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
does his production really outweigh his pims though? i dont think so.

345 pims would be crazy.
It does actually. Not only his production, but also his presence on a team alone. It is really helpful and motivational. Also, as long as those penalties are not mostly classical 2-minute minors, it´s all fine. We can very well live with his misconducts, fighting majors or exchanges of 2-minute minors.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Crosby and Malkin get that treatment already, just that now...other teams have to worry about their stars getting that same treatment now with Comeau, Downie and Farnham on the roster and as well as Despres and Bortuzzo to an extent.

The league decided to do jack **** last year when Sid was taking abuse that should have been penalties, so hey, if you can't play by the proper rules, adapt.

So JR went out and signed Comeau and Downie.

I'd love to see Marc Staal try the crap he did with Crosby this time in the playoffs. Because Nash and Martin St.Louis will get a rough ride back, and to me, that's awesome. Want to mess with us? Cool, we'll now return the favor. The refs are garbage and the leave disciplinarians have always been a massive joke.

You end up having to do what you gotta do.
Nope

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

According to refs, a textbook penalty isn't a penalty unless it hinders you. So in other words, if you get two handed slashed to the arm and still make a beautiful pass, according to the refs, it's cool because you didn't flub the pass and sell it.

Source? In the Room where Ehrhoff has a discussion with the ref this year.
Source again? Mark Eaton discussing why a call wasn't made that left him bloodied a few years back (he didn't sell it hard enough, he didn't know he had to sell a clear penalty).

Yes, the refs are trash.

If teams want to take liberties, the Pens can't sit back and let them. Stick up for each other, is how they want to be and they have been. If that annoys people.

Perfect.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
It does actually. Not only his production, but also his presence on a team alone. It is really helpful and motivational. Also, as long as those penalties are not mostly classical 2-minute minors, it´s all fine. We can very well live with his misconducts, fighting majors or exchanges of 2-minute minors.

Downie draws some penalties too, but not 345PIM worth.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
According to refs, a textbook penalty isn't a penalty unless it hinders you. So in other words, if you get two handed slashed to the arm and still make a beautiful pass, according to the refs, it's cool because you didn't flub the pass and sell it.

Source? In the Room where Ehrhoff has a discussion with the ref this year.
Source again? Mark Eaton discussing why a call wasn't made that left him bloodied a few years back (he didn't sell it hard enough, he didn't know he had to sell a clear penalty).

Yes, the refs are trash.

If teams want to take liberties, the Pens can't sit back and let them. Stick up for each other, is how they want to be and they have been. If that annoys people.

Perfect.
Referees are human and we make mistakes. NHL referees are the best in the world and know they makes mistakes. If not they recognize it during intermission or later with video. Heck a majority of college games I ref are televised and we review several things every game and once in a while we get something wrong. Same thing for NHL officials.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Referees are human and we make mistakes. NHL referees are the best in the world and know they makes mistakes. If not they recognize it during intermission or later with video. Heck a majority of college games I ref are televised and we review several things every game and once in a while we get something wrong. Same thing for NHL officials.

NHL reffing is atrocious, everyone knows that by now.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
NHL reffing is atrocious, everyone knows that by now.

you armchair refs and your instant replays...It's funny talking hockey with people who have never played. Not saying you but a lot of people here certainly haven't.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He's my favorite player. I miss him so much :cry:

185376729.0_standard_730.0.jpg

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Dude's a warrior and underrated playmaker. He was a fan favorite in Tampa Bay, the kind of player you hate until he plays for your team. :nod:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Wish the Avs never let him go. Easy to understand why they did, but he was so entertaining, and his skill is underrated.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
theyre like half misconducts so i dont really care.

Aka most of the time he's running his mouth but it doesnt result in a PP for the other team. He's be onpace for 50+ pts if it weren't for all of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad