Steve Bernier vs Hugh Hessimen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I can attest to the great difficulty I have had acquiring tapes.

I do not mean it is impossible but it is very tough to find the right persons and not very practical.

I would go so far as to make a bet with any of the guys who claim to have all those numerous tapes. X-Sharkie, Montreal, any of these guys. For each hockey game of Ovechkin, Olesz and Malkin on tape they will send me, I will not only give money but change my avatar to anything they want for a week per game.

And not the crap that is broadcasted on TSN or such stuff. I mean, real Russian games. Or more obscure tournaments not televised in Canada. I will try to take arrangements with HF if needs be to make this a safe transaction for everyone involved.

I don't know if the poster called "Montreal" lives indeed in Montreal but in this case it is even easier. No postage fees. We just meet downtown. And you get the chance to change my avatar to something like "Owned by Montreal!" or "Vlad The Inflater" or whatever sweet stuff you can come up with. Plus you make some money on your investment.

A lot of this stuff is pure fabrication or at the very least embellishment. There's the *odd* tape in circulation. Those tapes, when totally amateur, are usually horrible in quality too. Then you've got to make copies which makes them even crappier. Then you've got to ship this elsewhere. It's a lot of trouble and it's fairly costly.

There is no tape goldmine that I know of.
If there is one, I want to know about it like everybody else :D

ragfan

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
He lives in NY, doesn't see anyone in the CHL which holds the majority of the prospects, doesn't get Sportsnet or Rogers which shows many CHL games. I would take the opinion of atleast 10 rangers fans over him that post on this board and yes he was made fun of two years ago for his little false scouting reports on a couple players.

If you don't have anything productive to say, don't say anything at all.
Troll
:shakehead

BTW, Draft Guru, if it means anything, your work is always appreciated by Rangers fans. Don't listen to this clown.

Sammy*

ragfan said:
If you don't have anything productive to say, don't say anything at all.
Troll
:shakehead

BTW, Draft Guru, if it means anything, your work is always appreciated by Rangers fans. Don't listen to this clown.
The Guru hopefully will have the sack to acknowledge he's a parrot (on this matter in any event)

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
ragfan said:
Same thing here, Draft Guru! :banana: I believe you that you have seen the players play, keep up the good work!

X-SHARKIE

I dont have any tapes directly from Russia.

I have Ovechkin on WJC tournaments, U-18 tournaments. Same with Malkin.

I also have alot of Sharks prospects from the NCAA ranks and CHL. Those are not hard to get.

I do have a tape in my possesion straite from Finland though and Germany.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
I dont have any tapes directly from Russia.

I have Ovechkin on WJC tournaments, U-18 tournaments. Same with Malkin.

I also have alot of Sharks prospects from the NCAA ranks and CHL. Those are not hard to get.

I do have a tape in my possesion straite from Finland though and Germany.
How do you get the tapes? I want them dammit!

X-SHARKIE

Broadway Crosby said:
How do you get the tapes? I want them dammit!

Mostly just by asking some locals. I also have family in Canada and family friends who have been great help. In fact my friend grew up with a Sudbury Wolves executive and are very good friends, So I hear quite a bit about Mr. Ryan McDonough and how he's going to light up the OHL and provide some scoring finally for the Wolves ect. ect.

I also have a cousin who served in Europe, mostly Germany who is a hockey fan.....The German tape i'm sitting on was when Marcel Goc was 18 years old playing in the DEL. Also I get alot of NCAA games because of the FSN package I have and I see the Badger games.

If you don't think the rescources are out there to see prospects, then your just lazy.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I'm closing this thread because it has become nothing more than a virtual insult thread. There hasn't been a serious reference to the original question at hand in the last ten or fifteen posts at the very least. Please, if there is anything you need to discuss further regarding this do it in PM. Simply try to take an opinion considering the source yourself and leave it to your own judgement if you think a person is qualified to make an assesment. Any resulting threads in which a poster is hounded down about this will result in bans being levied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad