Confirmed with Link: Steve Begin officially retires

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/bégin-annonce-sa-retraite-avec-émotion-1.832155

From his twitter feed;

Yesterday the doc gave me a sad news...I won't have the chance to be back playing this year. This news sadly puts an end to my hockey career. Yes, for the first time I will listen to my body. It was a hard decision to make and everyone that knows me well will know that it's with tears that I'm writing this Tweet. I'm really proud of my career and all that I accomplished. Proud because I gave all I had with all my heart and honesty until the end. My new life takes place, a new challenge that I can't wait to start and will certainly be easier to achieve with all the people I love.

Finally, I would like to thank Bob Hartley and the @calgaryflames organisation. They gave me the chance to be back in the NHL. I'm happy and proud that i could do it with them.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Class act all the way. Best of luck Steve Begin.

The more I watch Sean Monahan, the more I appreciate Steve Begin for those 2 GWG he scored last season that essentially took the Flames out of the Mckinnon/Jones sweepstakes.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Mark my words, I am willing to bet anything that this guy finds a job somewhere in hockey. Whether it be coaching or something else. Great heart and soul guy that always stood up for the entire team. Makes me proud to be a fellow Québécois!

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Why? He got as much as he deserved for the talent he has.
I would say he is career was satisfying for someone like him.

Might have something to do with the career ending injury? The guy clearly wanted to keep playing. Any player would be upset knowing they need to hang em up.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah he was an alright guy. Not my favorite 4th liner and he wasn't here very long. But its too bad he has to hang em up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad