WWE: Steve Austin: one last match in Saudi Arabia?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
A-freaking-men. If I were Austin and someone said 2m, i'd be freaking Stunning Steve or even the Ringmaster for that payout. Let me go do the job and go back to reality. That's an easy payday.
It’s easy for us to say that, but to someone like Steve who easily cleared 8 figures from his 4-5 year run on top alone and was smart with his money, he doesn’t need to jump at it like any of us would.

I’d jump at 1m to get punched by Floyd or Conor for example. Someone who’s made bank at this point wouldn’t though.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It’s easy for us to say that, but to someone like Steve who easily cleared 8 figures from his 4-5 year run on top alone and was smart with his money, he doesn’t need to jump at it like any of us would.

I’d jump at 1m to get punched by Floyd or Conor for example. Someone who’s made bank at this point wouldn’t though.
There's a difference between need and want.

Austin doesn't need to do it. He's got money, saved well, and has some revenue streams still. But he doesn't have 'f*** you' money. And for anyone who doesn't have that nine figure bank account with eight figure incomes, a couple extra million with no strings or need to be careful with is always going to be a temptation.

He may have some very expensive things he might want to do (high start up cost business for example) and would have to be careful with his own money to do it. He has a match and goes home and opens his own brewery or something with zero risk to his own finances.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Oh it's definitely true. I won't deny that. Whatever Austin's decision is, I 100000% support it. It's his life and his career.

I'm more-so against the person that says "BUT WHY HBK? YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN YOUR CAREER!" That shit is bonkers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There's a difference between need and want.

Austin doesn't need to do it. He's got money, saved well, and has some revenue streams still. But he doesn't have '**** you' money. And for anyone who doesn't have that nine figure bank account with eight figure incomes, a couple extra million with no strings or need to be careful with is always going to be a temptation.

He may have some very expensive things he might want to do (high start up cost business for example) and would have to be careful with his own money to do it. He has a match and goes home and opens his own brewery or something with zero risk to his own finances.
f*** you money is different to everyone. Austin had enough “f*** you” money in 2002 to walk out, and probably still has enough f*** you money to last a lifetime.

One person may need $100,000,000 to have f*** you money, while someone else may just need $5,000,000. It all depends on lifestyle and money decisions, an Austin seems to live a lowkey, non-lavish life and wouldn’t be throwing money around on dumb stuff.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You're describing a level of money below 'f*** you' money. The Saudi princes that are paying for this show have 'f*** you' money as an example, Austin isn't close to that level.

I guess there are two sides to 'f*** you' money. I'm mean the side that can piss away money without care just for a joke, opposed to the 'screw you, I'm going home' level that Austin has where he can live his live without issue.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You're describing a level of money below '**** you' money. The Saudi princes that are paying for this show have '**** you' money as an example, Austin isn't close to that level.

I guess there are two sides to '**** you' money. I'm mean the side that can piss away money without care just for a joke, opposed to the 'screw you, I'm going home' level that Austin has where he can live his live without issue.
see, I always considered "f*** you" money to be enough money where you literally don't need to do anything anymore.

Austin probably made his and he doesn't need Saudi money to have "f*** you" money. His net worth is apparently $45-million as of 2018. That's definitely enough money for him to say "f*** you" to anyone who wants him to do something that he doesn't want to, just like the way Conor's $100-million was "f*** you" money for him because he lives a way more lavish lifestyle than a Steve Austin was. Similar to any of us who could probably get $5-million and it'd be enough for any of us to say "f*** you" to anyone who wanted us to do something we didn't want to (as long as one was smart with that $5-million).

Like I said, I consider "f*** you" money to be that that allows one to not have to do something they don't want to, and I'm willing to bet all I have that Steve Austin has "f*** you" money. As someone mentioned in the thread, if Austin didn't come back to actually do something that makes sense and wrestle CM Punk at a Wrestlemania, I don't see him coming to wrestle in Saudi Arabia. Maybe I'll be wrong next year or something, but I don't see it. His final match being at Wrestlemania 19 vs. The Rock is perfect.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
EachFoolishFlyingfox-size_restricted.gif

Pretty much the perfect response. When people (idiots) argue that there is no art or parallels in society to be found in wrestling, all you can do is cue up the million dollar laugh.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Actually couldn't make it through because it was so sad. They were just sending him out there almost like a zoo animal. Disgusting stuff.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rumor today is that the Saudis are getting Hogan. Their minister of sport or whatever tweeted a photo of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad