Proposal: Stetcher and Hutton to the Leafs

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
are hutton and strecher even any good? and if they are why would nucks trade them? especially for this package.

also leafs i think want to keep kappy.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
No way the leafs do that with Horton easily placed on LTIR

Edit:

We also definitely want to keep kappy for what’s being offered

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Kapanen and Carrick are throw ins for nearly every proposed leaf trade. Hard to believe they have much value.

While you’re not that wrong (Carrick for sure but I like kappy and think he has top 6 potential he could hit sooner rather than later) it’s still not worth what’s being offered in my opinion, if the right trade could be made send kappy away but not for this

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
:leafs

Stecher, Troy ($2,325,000)
Hutton, Ben ($2,800,000)

:nucks

Kapanen, Kasperi ($863,333)
Carrick, Connor ($1,300,000)
Horton, Nathan ($5,300,000)
Horton is not insured, is vancouver prepared to eat the money? otherwise it is a year or two and depth defenceman. I'd do it!

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
kappy is the bestplayer in the deal how could you turn this down?

Unless Horton contract is too much? Can’t the nucks put him on ltir? They have the money don’t they? (Serious question)

Last edited by a moderator:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Unless Horton contract is too much? Can’t the nucks put him on ltir? They have the money don’t they? (Serious question)

Because teams don't trade away entire competent nhl d pairs just to take on a waiver wire dman, a mid six scorer and a huge camp dump??? The net gain if kap hit's his stride is what 20-20 this year? At the end of the day I doubt that cancels out the loss of 2 dmen while taking on Horton's contract.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
are hutton and strecher even any good? and if they are why would nucks trade them? especially for this package.

also leafs i think want to keep kappy.

Hutton actually played very well last game, and Stecher is the Canucks only other dman other then Tanev to look good so far.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Is this a joke? You can have Hutton. But Stecher is not going for that pile of trash.

Stecher doesnt even get you close to kapanen. the only trash i see here are the #6 and #7 dmen that arent worth one of ther fastest young kids in the league.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016

First, the Canucks already have a similar player in Goldobin, an offensive player drafted later in the first round of the same draft, was a pt producing player in the AHL and played 38 games last year in the NHL with modest numbers. Why do the Canucks want a similar player, especially when said player is not necessarily an upgrade, while at the same time creating even more holes in their defense corp?

Second, the Canucks need their defensemen, especially their young, mobile ones. While they're still a team that needs everything, they have more depth at forward than they do at defense. So giving up not just one young defensman in a trade but two? That's not sensible on their part.

Third, Hutton had a terrible season last year. Moving him now is doing so when his value is at its lowest. Why not try and get him going first and then if the Canucks want to move him, they can get more.

Fourth, Stecher has been the Canucks most reliable defensman. He plays with heart, and still has upside in terms of his offense.

Fifth, Stecher is a local kid with marketable popularity in Vancouver. If there's anything the Canucks need to generate is some positive vibes in the community , and a local kid doing good for the hometown team will do just that.

Just because they have the money doesn't mean it's wise to spend it in this way. Why don't the Leafs keep him and leave him on LTIR?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->