Stephenson re-joins Canada's WJHC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
So two forwards are injured and they recall a defenseman... I'm bit confused on this one.

Hockeycanada*

Greg7 said:
So two forwards are injured and they recall a defenseman... I'm bit confused on this one.
I agree. This doesn't make sense.

Avery4Byng*

Yeah it doesnt make sense. Next thing you know a goalie will get hurt and we will call-up a forward. :help:

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Isn't Stephanson the closest guy to Vancouver??? Maybe that has something to do with it. They may not have felt the need to trudge Esposito back from Quebec for the weekend or Setoguchi from Saskatoon. Otherwise, I don't know.

It doesn't look like the forwards injuries are too serious. They'd better not be, these 2 are going to be 2 of the key forwards for this team. Either one would be a huge loss, imo.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Greg7 said:

Just looked at the newest video on TSN's world junior website and it says Boyd is out with a lower body injury, Bolland with an upper body injury and now Bourdon has a case of the flu. Sutter also mentioned that if Stephenson plays well enough he could displace one of the players who had already made the team.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Andrew_11 said:
Just looked at the newest video on TSN's world junior website and it says Boyd is out with a lower body injury, Bolland with an upper body injury and now Bourdon has a case of the flu. Sutter also mentioned that if Stephenson plays well enough he could displace one of the players who had already made the team.

That's not really good for team morale I would say. Granted it means that nobody will be taking a night off and that's a good thing.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
El_Scoobo said:
That's not really good for team morale I would say. Granted it means that nobody will be taking a night off and that's a good thing.
If this was a real long-term team, then that definetly would not be the best thing to say. However, in a short tourney like this, it is a very appropriate stance to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->