Movies: Stephen King's Pet Sematary (2019)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

Original isn't great or anything but still meh

Maybe it will be good or maybe it wont. I will not get my hopes up on it

Honestly feels a bit like that crappy wicker man remake trailer which well was terrible

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
What, no Zelda in the trailer? Sorry John Lithgow, but Fred Gwynne ruled your role beforehand.

It's a teaser trailer, they obviously don't want to show you too much (eg: Gage, Zombie Church etc) Also, I'm pretty sure Zelda was the woman in the rocking chair.

I like it...the music and cinematography from this teaser is on point!

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
No money from me. A re-hash of a book that didn't need to be a book in the first place, let alone a movie.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
But it's different this time!
The little girl comes back, not little Gage!
It's different, I tells ya, different!!!

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I read the book last year, so I’ll probably see it just to see how faithful it is to the source material. Apart from the daughter/son reversal, the trailer makes it look relatively faithful. And if it is, then I’m really looking forward to seeing how they do the foggy area between the sematary and the cemetery, and the residents within.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Ok there Spielberg, what’s your idea if they are so easy to think up??
I’m not saying they are easy to think of, look up the thread “Restart the Hollywood”. I’m saying original movie ideas not based off of books or any which way and such are very difficult to write. Unless of course you want to see the story of a young Indian boy who is nothing but a disappointment to his overarching parents causing him to run away and eventually create nothing substantial of his life besides a brief interaction he has with the village elder. And I explain why movies are so similar, proven ideas make money. And most stories throughout history are various iterations of the same overall plot arc.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Well, this is surprising. Early reviews are saying that it's one of the best Stephen King adaptations in the last decade, if not ever.

Pet Sematary First Reviews: One of the Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

Raise your hand if you saw this happening.

For what it's worth, I thought they achieved the right tone for the film in the trailer

Having said that, I can't imagine it surpassing The Shawshank Redemption as King's best adaptation

Reactions: montreal

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Having said that, I can't imagine it surpassing The Shawshank Redemption as King's best adaptation

Well, they don't say that it's the best King adaptation, just "one of" them. There have been around 60 adaptations of his works, so I think that just being in the top 10 would be awfully good and qualify as one of the best. If it's not as good as The Shawshank Redemption, Carrie, The Shining, Stand by Me, Misery, It, Dolores Claiborne and The Green Mile, but better than the other 52 adaptations, that would probably be fine by most people, I imagine.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Well, they don't say that it's the best King adaptation, just "one of" them. There have been around 60 adaptations of his works, so I think that just being in top 10 would be awfully good and qualify as one of the best. If it's not as good as The Shawshank Redemption, Carrie, The Shining, Stand by Me, Misery, It, The Green Mile and Dolores Claiborne, but better than the other 52 adaptations, that would probably be fine by most people, I imagine.

you forgot Maximum Overdrive....haha

seriously though, that is my favorite movie for ridiculous camp. It's an extremely fun laugh at horror movie (the type of movie tailor made for MST3K)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad