Stephen Johns speaks out about his depression, will rollerblade across the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Too bad the Stars lost this guy. Would have been the anchor of a solid bottom pair instead of a guy like Hanley or Fedun. Great size spedd and right shot, oh well, good for him doing this journey, he'll be able to cover a lot of ground in a day on rollerblades. Wishing him the best and at least he got a decent chunk of change on LTIR the past couple years to take him into a comfortable living going forward.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My god that would take so long

I envy you!!

He's not rollerblading the whole way lol they'll be driving most of the way. It's a road trip for a documentary they're making

Feel really bad for Stephen, man he has had it rough these past few years but it's nice to see him be able to get out and have fun now. Hopefully the Stars eventually hire him in a player development role or something

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Congrats on seeing him getting back to positive after his medical issues. I’m epileptic and know how head issues can get in the way of life.

Met him a few times here in Austin coming up through the AHL and he’s a good man. Glad to see him staying on his feet.

Reactions: Elysian

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Maybe one day we will stop asking people "what do you do?" and ask them "are you happy / what do you like to do?", not likely though. Stupid capitalism.

100%

When I moved to BC from Ontario, the number of people who asked me that question dropped exponentially.

Good for Mr. Johns. I hope he finds the thing that’s waiting for him soon.

Reactions: shello and Lindberg

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Maybe one day we will stop asking people "what do you do?" and ask them "are you happy / what do you like to do?", not likely though. Stupid capitalism.

How about you take a page out of Stephen Johns' book and focus on your own actions. No one tells you how to answer that question. Why don't you answer it by explaining the things you do to be happy?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
"Just because"? I think you'll have to be more specific than that.

Do you think companies are just paying people for no reason? Isn't that counterintuitive to the idea that all corporations are money hungry satanists?

Go work as an engineer and come back to me. The amount of recurring R&D that has happened because of proprietary information / patents is due to largely because company A can't just replicate company B's work or because a company just wants to sell their own product. Or products that are made that don't actually provide much value with hugely negative consequences.

People complain that kiosk/self check out lines in stores are taking people's jobs away. Who cares, those jobs suck anyways.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Go work as an engineer and come back to me. The amount of recurring R&D that has happened because of proprietary information / patents is due to largely because company A can't just replicate company B's work or because a company just wants to sell their own product. Or products that are made that don't actually provide much value with hugely negative consequences.

People complain that kiosk/self check out lines in stores are taking people's jobs away. Who cares, those jobs suck anyways.
You understand why patents exist, right?

Reactions: Garthinater
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad