Stephen Dixon, Steve Bernier on WJC team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
What do you guys think Stephen Dixon's and Steve Bernier's chances of making Canada's World Junior team are ????

Could you please rate each of their chances individually of making the team ? (i.e. Dixon 40% chance of making it, Bernier 70% chance of making it)

I'm just curious, i got their autographs the other night, and i wasn't sure if i should have bothered or not. I got it on a Team Canada logoed sheet of paper with Nash, Boumeester, Spezza, Weiss, Upshall, etc.

Was that stupid of me to get their autographs on the same piece of paper?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The_Wiz said:
I got it on a Team Canada logoed sheet of paper with Nash, Boumeester, Spezza, Weiss, Upshall, etc.

Was that stupid of me to get their autographs on the same piece of paper?

Of course not, Dixon will be better than all of those guys combined :) [/majorbias] :p

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I think Bernier's upside as an NHL player is very very high...

I agree his chances of making the WJC team are a litte low...however I find it amusing that in actuality his potential NHL upside is higher then many on the team....

I mean really from what I've heard the guy is trying to get in better shape...and he's good enough that when he wants to..he can dominate....

I believe he's learning to want to....

It's just I am not sure that will have any effect on him making the WJC squad even if his professional upside is high...

any more insight on him?

Dixon's wicked...maybe not NHL wicked but a great asset to the WJ team IMO>...

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Bernier certainly could make it even if he produce less than last year. He'll be available next year and should be one of the top winger so they might gave him a 3rd or 4th line spot this year to prepare him.

Dixon will also be available next year so they could redo the U18 lines with Bernier and Pouliot but his chance are maybe 10-20 %. Team Canada usually prefer bigger winger and there is so many C before him. He would have to impress a lot at the camp.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The thing about Dixon is he lead the U17 or U18 team in scoring, or he was 2nd. Usually Canada likes to reward players who have done well before at the international events.

Sammy*

X-SHARKIE said:
Bernier played greaet in the tournament last year. I think he can make the team. I hope so!
Sharkie, I dont think he played last year.
He did play in the Under 18 though.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
The thing about Dixon is he lead the U17 or U18 team in scoring, or he was 2nd. Usually Canada likes to reward players who have done well before at the international events.

U18 scorer for Canada
Rk No Name Pos GP G A TP
1 18 POULIOT, Marc-Antoine F 7 2 7 9
2 16 BERNIER, Steve F 7 4 4 8
3 12 STEWART, Anthony F 7 6 0 6
4 7 SEABROOK, Brent D 7 3 3 6
5 14 DIXON, Stephen F 7 3 3 6
6 17 CARTER, Jeff F 7 2 4 6
10 15 GETZLAF, Ryan F 7 2 2 4

can't wait for the camp, i'm pretty sure even the coach are'nt sure who will make the team.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I think Dixon has a good chance because he can play in any game situation. The thign is, I could see Maxime Talbot making the team, and that hurting his chances. Talbot is a fiery sparkplug type of player who IMO would be a great fourth line player, and could beat out Dixon for that spot.

It's possible though, and I really hope he does make it.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hossa said:
I think Dixon has a good chance because he can play in any game situation. The thign is, I could see Maxime Talbot making the team, and that hurting his chances. Talbot is a fiery sparkplug type of player who IMO would be a great fourth line player, and could beat out Dixon for that spot.

It's possible though, and I really hope he does make it.

I have Talbot pencilled in. He is quick, he can PK, PP and play EV. The kid does it all. And to boot he is the best captain in the Q.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I have Talbot pencilled in. He is quick, he can PK, PP and play EV. The kid does it all. And to boot he is the best captain in the Q.

Agreed one hundred percent. He is a clutch player, he plays with grit, he has a constant motor, and he'd be fantastic on the fourth line. A lot of people around here who are drawing up the rosters dont' seem to give him much of thought becuase of where he was picked, but he'd bring more to the team at this point than Steve Bernier for example. I could see him wearing an A as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad