Stephen A. Smith Appreciation Thread

Sep 19, 2008
When Cowboys win and still miss the playoffs

maxresdefault.jpg

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Why are we giving appreciation to someone who is EVERYTHING that is wrong with the way sports are covered in this day and age.

seriously, f***in hate that guy. He belabors everything with his ridiculous hyperbolic hot takes, making 10 million a year for crap opinions when I just want honest analysis of what’s occurring.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Does anyone know if SAS has ever talked in depth about Hockey? I know ESPN ignores the sport. But I'm just curious.

Start at 10:20

There used to be a First Take video from 2013 regarding Ovechkin "coming up short" in the playoffs again but I can't find it anymore. It's the only time I've ever seen Skip Bayless talk about Hockey and not act disgusted by doing so. SAS sort of knew what he was talking about.

SAS did interview a few Hockey guys (Bettman, Gretzky) on his Quite Frankly show FWIW.

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Asked to speak about Kobe and he just rambles a 20 minute breakdown of Lebron's game and legacy and the co-host is just looking at the floor awkwardly.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Anyone who watches MMA is a sociopath.
How anyone derives enjoyment from seeing someone getting their shit literally kicked up their own nose baffles me. Arm bars breaking bones? No freakin thanks, thanks. I love a solid hit in hockey and the occasional fight too, but that's definitely not why I tune in and it's way less violent with intent to hurt. I'm weak minded I guess.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
sometime a few months back I wanted sports highlights at like 11 am so I turned on ESPN. Stephen A. Smith was saying somethin stupid so I switched to Espn2. He was on there too, different program. Switched to espnnews- holy f***, how do they have the same guy playing on all their channels, all different segments, all terrible? No wonder espn is hemorrhaging money, absolutely ridiculous that all 3 channels are airing one guy with his endless talking to the camera- I wanna see highlights, dammit, not Smith.

(Ok, so one of ‘em was more a round table discussion if I remember right, but still- espn is such a goddamned joke)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->