Stephane Waite on Carey Price “He had tears under his mask, he thought fans didn’t like him anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
That perform or get shipped out mentality has bitten us in the ass before, trade the player when the values at an all time low just to watch them bounce back on another team. He knows he played the ****s, he’ll work at it over the summer and be back in jesus price form for 18-19, good enough to drag this sad sack team into playoff contention. :thumbu:
And for us to get swept and them blaming price again even if we only scored 4 goals in 4 games.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's unfortunate mental illnesses and emotions are still seen as weaknesses and something that should be buried, maybe he was hoping a more humane reaction by fans if he provided some insight. The entire NHL rallies around a guy like Brian Boyle battling cancer (which is awesome) but these cyborgs aren't allowed to have any non physical illnesses/injuries because they are paid so much to entertain us
A beautiful post, there is an actual human being filling that jersey and there are many layers to every human being, tough to be on point all of the time.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Precisely. I said the same a few posts back.
Not sure how Price goes from telling the fans to chill in pre-season to this..

I don't think Price ever said this. Tears under his masks? Sure, getting a big ovation from 20 000+ people for an accomplishment, ya I can see that.
But "I thought fans didn't like me anymore" makes him look like a complete immature and insecure youngster, which he is not. Quite the opposite actually, we keep hearing how cool and collected Price is.

And as I said, if this is actually true, well Price looks very bad here.
I have a feeling Price had nothing to do with this and it was all Waite, he made Price look pretty bad, he should stick to coaching and keep his mouth shut, i don't feel like we ever have to hear from him except on rare occasions and he should stick to the basic generic answers.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Wow his proposals ARE quite horrible and embarrassing.

Every fanbase has a few that do that, but it’s why I try and avoid the mainboards and stay within our community here. We’re like a big dysfunctional family here, but atleast we have the same intentions, regardless of how different some of our opinions are on how to make our team better or what direction to go.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Every fanbase has a few that do that, but it’s why I try and avoid the mainboards and stay within our community here. We’re like a big dysfunctional family here, but atleast we have the same intentions, regardless of how different some of our opinions are on how to make our team better or what direction to go.
Sometimes I go to the main boards but I rarely post and that is simply because I do not wish to defend or be affiliated with some of the habs fan posted things that I see there.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Ridiculous. Habs can't score 2 goals a game but its somehow prices fault. He hasn't played well this past season(I don't really care why) but this team was bad because we have the worst d core(with weber injured) and the worst center lineup in the league. That isn't even debatable. No team has both that are so terrible combined.

Except the post you quoted said nothing about the past season. I was talking about the rangers series with Markov, Weber, Petry, Emelin all healthy. Granted the center line still sucked, but it was a very defensive series and I felt that we had the most and better scoring chances in that series even if they were too few. Put the '17 playoffs Price with the golden knights and they possibly don't get past the LAK this year. I'm confident they wouldn't have. But whatever... it is the past.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

We obviously need him to be much better than he was, but he’s such an underappreciated guy. I think when he retires, only then will people realize just how truly great this guy is. I have confidence that he’ll get back to his dominant level. Now Marc has to do his part and actually give him a team worth playing for. In that respect..I’m not holding my breath.

I hate prices contract and he’s never stolen a playoff series for Habs.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If I'm price, I don't think I would appreciate my goalie coach saying this stuff in public.

It sounds kind of personal, and price has never really been one to show his cards to the media.

I guess he's trying to protect him, and remind people that he's human too, but it could also backfire in terms of his relationship with price.

Anyways, that's just me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And why should we? The guy is paid to perform, if he sucks he should understand the rage of the fans...

Agreed. If you want to go for the max cash out deal like he did with his agent, you need to live up to it. I'm sure he understands this and he also understands that his performance last year was not good enough. Hope we enter the year with more positive energy and he limits the trend of allowing soft goals.

Reactions: Belial

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Well, good to see he still cares. At points this season it wasn’t that obvious. Hopefully he has a bounce back season. We were all pretty disappointed in his play, especially after he lost almost a whole season two years ago. I hope he gets everything together mentally and doninates like he should.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
People are too obsessed with cap hits to be appreciative of a truly star player on this team.

Even though we have never really actually run into serious cap trouble. It’s quite silly.

He hasn't been a star player for the past 3 years now. At what point does an underperforming player cease to be a star player in your eyes?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
When Waite said "he thought the fans didn't like him any more" I was like, why would he reveal that? Obviously if Price said this it would only be intended to be between he and Waite. Price had health issues last year and more than likely he was in a weaker position mentally, the guy is only human. Waite should have exercised professional discretion here and kept his mouth shut.

Maybe Waite got cues from the Habs new spin doctor. They're prepping us for Price's departure.

The writting is on the wall.

Bergevin throwing Price under the bus. The team's lack of 'attitude'. And now this.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
After reading the Oilers blog, seems opposing teams fans appreciate our star players, much more than our fans. Oilers fans wanting the Habs All Star Weber for their Sekera & Russell, rights to Slepyshev & Brossoit & RNH, only want our 3rd OV with Weber & his first born, Carey's first born for future considerations. The lives of Armchair Quarterbacks in the NHL Fans Forums, Forums a name made famous by the Habs in Montreal Forum of course. Pity that our players aren't revered for their play despite being human,(Imagine the stress of feeling their play is causing the fans to hate them.) Instead of being able to just concentrate upon playing their best for themselves & teammates. These player's character won't allow them to fail, yet each NHL team drafts and sign every character player possible, all in an effort to become SCC's.

As a normal person not in the public eye, without the huge media pressures etc. I can only hope our Habs player's find the time in the off season to be with family without distraction, for their health & sanity. Perhaps there should be a positive forum(For Fans that truly appreciate player's are real people.) & a negative forum(For Fans that believe hockey players are their own personal whipping posts.) Idealist I guess?:ha:

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
After reading the Oilers blog, seems opposing teams fans appreciate our star players, much more than our fans. Oilers fans wanting the Habs All Star Weber for their Sekera & Russell, rights to Slepyshev & Brossoit & RNH, only want our 3rd OV with Weber & his first born, Carey's first born for future considerations. The lives of Armchair Quarterbacks in the NHL Fans Forums, Forums a name made famous by the Habs in Montreal Forum of course. Pity that our players aren't revered for their play despite being human,(Imagine the stress of feeling their play is causing the fans to hate them.) Instead of being able to just concentrate upon playing their best for themselves & teammates. These player's character won't allow them to fail, yet each NHL team drafts and sign every character player possible, all in an effort to become SCC's.

As a normal person not in the public eye, without the huge media pressures etc. I can only hope our Habs player's find the time in the off season to be with family without distraction, for their health & sanity. Perhaps their should be a positive forum(For Fans that truly appreciate player's are real people.) & a negative forum(For Fans that believe hockey players are their own personal whipping posts.) Idealist I guess?:ha:
WHY should fans care so much about athletes feelings ? WHY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->