News: Stephane Da Costa out for months

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Damn, i kind of hoped he was still lurking around waiting for a deal and someone would've signed him after seeing what they've got in the pre-season.

Player i feel like is capable of 40+ points in an offensive role and especially good on the PP.

But oh well.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
wonder why he didn't sign yet in NHL

He has a health problem since august and probably will play in Europe when he returns (around mid-season ?) :(

Too bad he was dynamit centering the CSKA & France NT first line :yo:

Pretty sure he could have helped an NHL team
Good luck to him

Here the link courtesy of French main sport media "L'Equipe" : https://www.lequipe.fr/Hockey-sur-glace/Actualites/Coup-dur-pour-stephane-da-costa/834806

Out? When was the last time he was in?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Wouldn't mind the Oilers trying him as a cheap 3rd line C option. I've always been a bit of a fan of his. I wish him the best of luck, whatever his issue is.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wouldn't mind the Oilers trying him as a cheap 3rd line C option. I've always been a bit of a fan of his. I wish him the best of luck, whatever his issue is.

Coachs never gave him a fair shake in Ottawa, he produced offense but Paul Mclean refused to play him.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Definitely a player that seemed like he would have something to offer a team, unfortunately he will always be remembered for getting demolished by Phaneuf.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Coachs never gave him a fair shake in Ottawa, he produced offense but Paul Mclean refused to play him.

Yeah, that's what I kind of figured and always seemed to get that impression back in the day. He's produced very well in lower levels, but has been most impressive more recently when he put up 58 points in 56 AHL games in '13-'14 which is pretty darn good, but then proved that wasn't a fluke when the following season he put up 62 points (which included 30 goals and 32 assists) in only 46 games playing for CSKA Moscow -- 2nd on the team in points, only behind Radulov (though Stephane scored more goals, and led the team in that category). The last couple of seasons he's been dealing with injuries, though he put up some very good numbers in the playoffs for CSKA -- always near or at the top of the teams scoring leaders. I guess where I'm going with this is that I think he deserves another chance in the NHL. Hell, I would've loved for the Oilers to have given him a PTO and see if he can create some chemistry on the right side of McDavid or Draisaitl or whomever our 3rd line C will be; we basically have nothing but question marks on the right wing, so it doesn't hurt to add another lottery scratch ticket; you never know. But if he's dealing with something serious, I guess it's all moot, anyway. Hope he's okay and will be fine.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad