DEL: Stefan Ustorf officially retires

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It really makes me sad, reading about this. :cry:
Ustorf was a great player and I had always hoped he could come back, if only for a couple of games to end his impressive career the way it should have been ended.

I hope he gets well soon and will get a chance to have a long, healthy and happy life after hockey.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Yes, very sad. :( Not only had he to retire but also he can't really enjoy his new life without hockey due to headache and problems with his eyes etc. ! :shakehead:amazed:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Yes, very sad. :( Not only had he to retire but also he can't really enjoy his new life without hockey due to headache and problems with his eyes etc. ! :shakehead:amazed:

He said that he hopes to be alright in a couple of years. I really do hope that he recovers so he can enjoy his retirement with his family and maybe work in another job if he wants to.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I remember getting him in a WHC hockey card product in 1995 and immediately thought him cool being the only german player with an NHL club contracting him. Yeah that's sad, not many still there nowadays, are there any more than Selanne and Jagr? Brodeur of course, but i've never liked him. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->