Stefan Fournier

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Big and Physical net presence.

Played fantastic in the QMJHL. I know it probably helped playing with MacKinnon and Drouin.

I see him being a solid 4th liner. Never drafted.

You think he ever might make the big club?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Long way to go still, perhaps in 3 years or so if he can find offence.

Ya was what I was thinking too.

First year playing in the AHL and decent numbers and is in the + meaning he isn't a liability.

Just seems like a guy who goes to the net and takes abuse but stays until the job is done.

I've liked what I've seen from his so far in the games I got to see. The offense like you said if boosted he could be a good non drafted piece.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ya was what I was thinking too.

First year playing in the AHL and decent numbers and is in the + meaning he isn't a liability.

Just seems like a guy who goes to the net and takes abuse but stays until the job is done.

I've liked what I've seen from his so far in the games I got to see. The offense like you said if boosted he could be a good non drafted piece.

+/- means even less at the AHL level than it does the NHL.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
I've liked his game in Hamilton. Maybe hasn't put up great points, but is able to great chances down low with his size and board work. Has a nice wrap around type move that he uses effectively. I think his jump to the pro game has been good really. I would like to see him bring more grit and toughness though....hopefully this will come.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
How's his skating?

Unless I confused him with someone else, his skating technique looked pretty awful at the development camp this summer during skating drills but he got where he needed to go during scrimmages (probably due to decent hockey sense) even if solely based on skating, he didn't look like he belonged there IMO.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tough as nails and very determined. I could see him a couple of years from now patrolling on the 4th line. He can fight very well so he has that going for him.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
How's his skating?

He was a couple of steps behind his teammates in the Q......looks very slow in the AHL.

have to say he looked 10 steps behind when playing with Nate Mackinnon but it worked out becuz Nate would through the puck back up the middle from behind the net and hit Stef coming over the blueline.

He'd be a hundred feet behind Nic Ehlers this year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nothing to suggest he can't be a Jordan Nolan type of player in the near future.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Needs to gain NHL weight and still perform at that weight to be effective. Project, which may pan out. Seems like the Habs are moving towards acquiring large framed projects, and hoping that some of them work out.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Blunden is gutless, don't compare the 2. I'm pretty sure Blunden voluntarely misses the target when he goes for a hit simply to not hurt anyone.

Okay, I thought it was just me imagining things.

People kept saying how he goes out and hits, but I've never actually seen Blunden land a bodycheck. He always hits the boards.

I guess I'm not going crazy.

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
Okay, I thought it was just me imagining things.

People kept saying how he goes out and hits, but I've never actually seen Blunden land a bodycheck. He always hits the boards.

I guess I'm not going crazy.

Maybe a little crazy if you think that Fournier is more valuable to the bulldogs than Blunden. Blunden has over 100 NHL games to his credit. We'll see how many NHL games Fournier ever plays. Blunden got NHL games in when he was 19; Fournier at 21 hasn't had a sniff at an NHL call-up.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Maybe a little crazy if you think that Fournier is more valuable to the bulldogs than Blunden. Blunden has over 100 NHL games to his credit. We'll see how many NHL games Fournier ever plays. Blunden got NHL games in when he was 19; Fournier at 21 hasn't had a sniff at an NHL call-up.

Blunden was a 2nd round pick. Fournier was a FA pick-up. Let's wait until Fournier is 23/25 or out of the habs contracts. Blunden is a bust. Fournier isn't yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad