Steen????

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Hasnt been the same since the Olympics, not sure what happened but he has been terrible

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Has not been the same really since his injury.
Which was somewhat of the concern when the Blues signed him to the extension.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Has not been the same really since his injury.
Which was somewhat of the concern when the Blues signed him to the extension.

I think we gave him too much. You can check back I though the same the day we signed him. Steen while a very good player always worried me because of injury concerns. His concussion history really worried me.

His current play he's had some good and bad games IMO heathy he'll score in the 50's most of the time and play a great 2 way game. Expecting much more our of him due to his hot start this season would be foolish.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
When we got destroyed by the Flames around CHristmas.... the team went downhill real fast.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
There's still a chance he's playing hurt to some degree, but he just looks like he fits in with everyone else who's playing sloppy, desperate, and with no direction.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What the hell is he supposed to be doing?

Score yeah, but it's tough to do when the only player around him that doesn't suck is Schwartz. Steen's had a great season, asking him to carry this ****** ass offense is a tall task.

fallingquarters

Jan 15, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
What the hell is he supposed to be doing?

Score yeah, but it's tough to do when the only player around him that doesn't suck is Schwartz. Steen's had a great season, asking him to carry this ****** ass offense is a tall task.

I agree with your assessment. He's the only threat that teams need to be aware of and so they've easily shut him down. As much as it's hurt to watch these past few games, it's clear that Steen is working his ass off and getting absolutely nothing out of it because he's got no support. He can't do it all.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The team was playing well for awhile after the Olympics. But then injures plagued it, and everything went wrong.

I would say they were WINNING for a while after the Olympics, but it was punctuated by inexplicable performances like the New Jersey game. They haven't been playing consistently well since the first half of the season, even if they managed to continue accruing points while playing mediocre (for the Blues) hockey.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can tell you exactly when his play dropped off. It was when the entire team stopped scoring. Then he started trying too hard to carry the team by himself and doing stupid things. When he plays simple, and plays his game he's very effective. We need him to get back to that. I honestly believe he and Schwartz are capable of carrying this team as long as Steen isn't trying so hard to do so.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Pretty easy to cover Steen with very limited talent in the lineup.

Steen just needs his confidence back. He's been far too emotionally-invested in several games and that leads to horrible play on his part.

I, nor he, has the confidence he can rip one by the goalie right now. Steen needs to find his touch, but work on creating team chances as well. He's going to draw attention on the ice, just needs to use it wisely.

Twister18

Pretty easy to cover Steen with very limited talent in the lineup.

Steen just needs his confidence back. He's been far too emotionally-invested in several games and that leads to horrible play on his part.

I, nor he, has the confidence he can rip one by the goalie right now. Steen needs to find his touch, but work on creating team chances as well. He's going to draw attention on the ice, just needs to use it wisely.

He is also taking alot of shots from opposing players, moreso than any of the other players, imho. I think that gets him off his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad