NFL: Steelers' WR Antonio Brown cited for driving 100+ MPH

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I didn't want to put this in the Arrest Thread, because he wasn't arrested...

But anyway, pretty straightforward about what the title says. Antonio was pulled over this morning and cited for Reckless Driving after being clocked going over 100 Miles per hour in Pittsburgh.

Just one day after Le'Veon Bell was spotted playing pick-up basketball in Pittsburgh after a 10-week hold. Man, this team just has ridiculousness oozing from every pore...

Edit: Link to the story here.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I heard this was a public road rather than a highway? Is that true I can see people doing it on the highway often and funny enough the people I know who do are usually employed in law enforcement.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I heard this was a public road rather than a highway? Is that true I can see people doing it on the highway often and funny enough the people I know who do are usually employed in law enforcement.

Like a six-laner commercial road with malls and restaurants and traffic lights every half-mile or so. Actually the same road Bell and Blount got stopped on for their weed bust a few years back.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I got caught doing 127 in a 55 when I was 17
Hahahaha.

I had a buddy back in high school who was so scared about getting pulled over for driving past midnight (illegal in California when you're under 18 and get your license), so his brilliant plan was to drive 120 down a 25.

His parents paid the fees and everything. They did nothing but enable his dumbass lol.

My highest rate of speed ticket I've gotten so far was 93 in a 75.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeahhhh....lucky I'm not dead

You wouldn't think a 1990 something Pontiac Bonneville could go that fast.....I'm pretty sure at one point both front wheels were off the ground
I'm certain most of us have done things at 17 that probably could have killed us, or at least injured us badly.

Reactions: m9

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I got caught doing 127 in a 55 when I was 17

I'm certain most of us have done things at 17 that probably could have killed us, or at least injured us badly.

I got my Ford Taurus sedan up to about 115 downhill in a 55 when I was 19 (didn't get pulled over though). The difference is that we weren't 1) adults, 2) role models, or 3) MAJOR pieces of a professional sports team with millions of dollars of someone else's money riding on us...

For someone under 21, it's easily dismissable as 'dumb kids being dumb kids', but it's a little less excusable for him, I think.

Not that I'm wringing my hands over this, but it just kind of adds onto everything else that is going on with AB and this team in general.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I got my Ford Taurus sedan up to about 115 downhill in a 55 when I was 19 (didn't get pulled over though). The difference is that we weren't 1) adults, 2) role models, or 3) MAJOR pieces of a professional sports team with millions of dollars of someone else's money riding on us...

For someone under 21, it's easily dismissable as 'dumb kids being dumb kids', but it's a little less excusable for him, I think.

Not that I'm wringing my hands over this, but it just kind of adds onto everything else that is going on with AB and this team in general.

The idea that athletes are role models needs to die. They shouldn't be held to a higher standard than any other civilian.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The idea that athletes are role models needs to die. They shouldn't be held to a higher standard than any other civilian.
It's not an idea, it's a reality. For the record, I agree that athletes in general shouldn't be held to any higher standard, but the reality is that children who value sports will always look to sports athletes as role models.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
pretty much every celebrity is looked at as a role model because people look up to them.....this is why its important for them to not get into trouble most of the time. A lot of the times they actually get away with it while poor or middle class people will find out that they will probably get jail time for doing the same. Athletes can get away with running people over with some garbage excuse of community service and such if they are important to their team they will get the best lawyers to lower their sentence as much as possible.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Then maybe people should stop being stupid enough to look up to celebrities or young millionaire athletes. And maybe parents should teach their kids that athletes aren't Gods who don't sin. This is on us. Not on them.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Its my guess what ever car he was in is perfectly capable of handling that speed.If the car is a super car 100+ is second gear.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018

Couldn't agree more. A role model should be someone you know personally, not some pampered celebrity, athlete etc. the people suggesting celebrities should be role models are usually just lazy parents who want other people to raise their kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad