Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Purchased Garry's Mod (Been wanting to mess around with it for a few years now)
and Grim Dawn, which has been really fun so far

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
my pickups during the Steam sale =

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
(full game is supposedly coming out at the end of this month, and the price is going up with the full release ...so i figured it'd be worth a look since i like Diablo type games and this one is pretty cheap right now)

Disco Elysium
(after hearing so many people go on about how great of a game it is, i had to give it a try)

CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling
(i'm a sucker for a decent wrestling game, and this one is cheap and supposedly pretty fun. looked pretty good in the videos)

Sunset Overdrive
(spent my $6.50 coupon towards this to bring it down to $8 and change. looks like a fun game that gets good reviews, so it's worth a try)

Oh ...i also picked up Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice off GreenManGaming for $43. that was the cheapest i've seen that game yet, so i grabbed it. i hope it's not too much of a pain in the ass difficulty wise. i love the Dark Souls games ...so i'm hoping that i'll be right into this one, too.

the backlog ...wow. lots to play.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Thanks for the suggestions. I have the games in bold. I don't think I'm good enough or patient enough for strategy games like Into the Breach.

Surpaland looks like it could be interesting.

I really enjoyed Supraland. Took me about 30 hours to finish it to a high degree of completion. Very creative with a great mix of platforming and puzzle solving

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
If you like shooters, you'd be crazy to not pick up 2016 Doom. It was an incredible game in every way.

My haul, even though I don't normally buy much anymore during sales:

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King - Was in the mood for a Zelda style game and it looks like the only one on Steam.

Bloons TD 6 - Only $1 and was in the mood for a tower defense game.

Black Mesa - Figured I'd grab it since I want to replay Half Life before Half Life Alyx comes out and I heard Xen was done.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Saw a bunch of posts on Reddit lately about it and how fun the gameplay was, how underrated the game was. It's pretty cheap at this point so I decided to pick it up.

Chernobylite - I'm a sucker for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-like games

Banner Saga 3 - Started Banner Saga 1 the other day, really enjoying it and I already had 1 & 2. Figured I'd grab the final piece of the trilogy so I can just play the whole series.

Creature in the Well - Dungeon crawler mixed with pinball, too interesting to pass up

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I ended up going with Doom for some mindless shooting should the mood strike me. Cost me .99 after the discount. Worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. I have the games in bold. I don't think I'm good enough or patient enough for strategy games like Into the Breach.

I think you might be surprised with Into the Breach.

It's a fairly simple strategy game that increases in complexity as the difficulty ramps up.

It's absolutely fantastic IMO, but to be fair I enjoy a good strategy game.

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
During the last few minutes of the sale I picked up The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
I've generally heard nothing but good things about the series so I decided to finally give one a try.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
During the last few minutes of the sale I picked up The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
I've generally heard nothing but good things about the series so I decided to finally give one a try.

Yes these games aren't for everyone but in my opinion in terms of more classic-style JRPG's it's right up there with Suikoden 2. And adding some more universal praise from a certain perspective the attention to detail in the world/setting is unrivalled in video gaming.

Only real nitpick is while it's fine enough just to play through it if you're a completionist and want to collect everything you basically need a guide to do it.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I don't have any interest in Horizon: Zero Dawn but it's good to see more games available on more systems. I get that exclusives drive console sales and all but it's more for console vs console. A lot of people on PC play games just on PC because it's just a better gaming platform. There's a lot of people who just don't buy consoles because they don't see it as a good investment. I only have a Switch and mainly just use it as a handheld gaming system. If I'm gaming at my house, 100% of the time it's going to be on my PC. They could get more sales by just selling the game on PC by reaching a broader audience and the people who prefer to game on console will continue to game on console.

On a side note, since it is well known on the PC market, I finally started Divinity: Original Sin and I'm hooked. I was on vacation this week and started it on Monday. I'm already almost 30 hours into the game. :laugh: I'm just entering the basement of the Old Church now. I wonder how far I am into the game, I feel like I'm nowhere close to even the half way point considering I haven't even left Cyseal yet.

Reactions: Beau Knows

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
On a side note, since it is well known on the PC market, I finally started Divinity: Original Sin and I'm hooked. I was on vacation this week and started it on Monday. I'm already almost 30 hours into the game. :laugh: I'm just entering the basement of the Old Church now. I wonder how far I am into the game, I feel like I'm nowhere close to even the half way point considering I haven't even left Cyseal yet.

Hmmm, yeah if it took you 30 hours to get to the old church you've got like ~80 hours left.

When you finish, you can play my 2 mods :P

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Heh, to be fair, I'm pretty sure I completed everything in Cyseal. I just finished the fight with Braccus Rex and am about to start Luculla Forest. Admittedly, a lot of what I've done so far was learning the game and running back and forth a lot to heal and sell items. I'm a lot more efficient with that stuff now so I'm sure my pace will pick up significantly throughout the rest of the game.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Pleasant surprise. Anyone who owns GTA 4 on steam gets the new version for free, which removes games for windows live and replaces it with the rockstar launcher, and gives you the 2 DLC for free.

It does unfortunately remove a few radio stations (and you arent keeping the old version its gone)

Sep 19, 2008
Pleasant surprise. Anyone who owns GTA 4 on steam gets the new version for free, which removes games for windows live and replaces it with the rockstar launcher, and gives you the 2 DLC for free.

It does unfortunately remove a few radio stations (and you arent keeping the old version its gone)
does it remove the long ass wait time to get online

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Has anyone else tried the Monster Sanctuary demo? It was some interesting game play - sort of a Metroidvania/Pokemon hybrid.

I rather enjoyed it. It's still early access, but I might have to pick that up at some point.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I actually grabbed it on Chrono and still haven't played it. :laugh:

I mainly grabbed it because I want to play it when it's fully released and it was $12. I figured it probably wouldn't be cheaper than that by full release.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Have a few Steam keys to give away, send me a PM:

Broken Age
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Psychonauts (please only if you're going to play it, wonderful indie game that deserves to be played)
Undertale

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
Grim dawn was on sale for 5 bucks. I bought a copy for myself and my brother. It’s generally viewed as one of the best arpg games of all time. A lot of people look at it as what should have been diablo 3 . We’ve put five or so hours so far- it’s really, really good. Worth looking into next time it comes around on sale for anyone who is interested in those kind of games. Gritty. Fun. Wholly customizable but not too complex like PoE. It feels really tactile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad