Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I added Dungeon Siege I/II, Sleeping Dogs, and Life is Strange. Any gems in this pack I'm missing? Thief and Deus Ex I am passing on.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, season passes are as mixed a bag as you will find. Some will be a bundle discount on mini expansions, and some is just a pile of crap. A lot of the time, it's pre-ordering DLC that you don't even know what they are.

To my knowledge, the only game I've purchased a season pass for is Frostpunk, because I'm hungry for whatever content that game puts out and it was pretty open with what it includes. :laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think I've ever bought a season pass for any game. It just makes more sense for me to buy it when it comes out because I know that it's something that I want, and that I'm still playing the game.

The only way companies can get me to pay extra for a game is for "early" access, even though it's always basically the intended release date. If I see someone playing a game that I really want to play, but can't for a few days, it is miserable. I'll pay the extra $20 for three days or whatever it is every time. I know it's stupid, I'm just too impatient.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
anyone want a Snake Pass steam key? i didn't think that i owned it, but apparently i do ...heh. can't keep track of all these games that come in bundles, etc.

2GC7B-CWN8M-QBI9N

its free on Humble Bundle until June 14th. you also have to redeem the key by June 18th or it expires, i guess.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Steam's servers might be the only thing worse than HFBoards' servers.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
1.5h to download 2 gigs. Good job Valve. Might as well torrent at those speeds.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Black Future 88' - Quick arcade style run n gun.

The Red Strings Club - I only have 18 games on Steam, which is not a lot compared to most, but 1/3 of them have been published by Devolver. Go figure. Far more often than not (Sorry My Friend Pedro) if I see a Devolver splash screen I am probably in for something pretty good to downright amazing. This one isn't in my usual wheelhouse - but holy shit it is amazing.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
My current haul:

Post Scriptum
Darkest Dungeon
Yakuza 0

Took advantage of the $5 off when you have an order of $30, so I got Yakuza 0 for free basically.
Might look at a few other things in a couple of days.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
So far I bought:

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Refunded because the controls are really bad. The angle you hold everything feels so off that I couldn't get into it.

Deep Rock Galactic - Refunded because everything is so damn dark. I get it's a mining game but you can't even see teammates because there's no UI for them. Every single time I turned around near my teammate, I lost him just a couple seconds later.

Raft - I haven't even played it yet but hopefully third game's the charm! lol

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Deep Rock Galactic - Refunded because everything is so damn dark. I get it's a mining game but you can't even see teammates because there's no UI for them. Every single time I turned around near my teammate, I lost him just a couple seconds later.

Raft - I haven't even played it yet but hopefully third game's the charm! lol

Just a heads-up, but if you press either CTRL or TAB you can see where your teammates are. I totally get not liking it because it's a mining game and it's dark, but it's really good. And playing as the Scout helps with the darkness ;)

As for Raft, I love that game! It's pretty mindless but a lot of fun, especially with friends. Now that I mention it, I haven't played it in years... I should probably check it out again to see what they've added. Thanks for reminding me it exists :laugh:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Resisting the sale so hard with a backlog and a new kid, but I did pick up Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I know, long ass RPG. :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Forgot to pause my humble subscription:

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

June 2020 Humble Choice
*LMC*-BDBF*-WW9Z3

*number rhymes with great

The Stillness of the Wind

June 2020 Humble Choice
6*WYH-2IJ0X-*Y4LX

First letter in V0te

Remnants of Naezith

June 2020 Humble Choice
7VTLC-5WE4M-Z**Z9

First letter of House

The King's Bird

June 2020 Humble Choice
7E8MV-GZR62-**N78

See

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice (refeature)

June 2020 Humble Choice
7I2BR-0I969-*Q*EJ

Tea

Barotrauma

June 2020 Humble Choice
AWYRV-VP3*Z-V2BL5

Rhymes with great
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 War Chest Edition

June 2020 Humble Choice
8P4VN-053B3-4W*WK

First letter of House

Theres been a history of attempts to steal steam accounts using these codes, hopefully theres nothing to that, I'll be deleting this comment in 1-2 days just to be safe though.

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Any free games released before 2017 that I would be able to play on my laptop with integrated graphics? I just downloaded Steam but I can't be bothered putting in credit card info to play older games.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Forgot to pause my humble subscription:

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

June 2020 Humble Choice
*LMC*-BDBF*-WW9Z3

*number rhymes with great

The Stillness of the Wind

June 2020 Humble Choice
6*WYH-2IJ0X-*Y4LX

First letter in V0te

Remnants of Naezith

June 2020 Humble Choice
7VTLC-5WE4M-Z**Z9

First letter of House

The King's Bird

June 2020 Humble Choice
7E8MV-GZR62-**N78

See

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice (refeature)

June 2020 Humble Choice
7I2BR-0I969-*Q*EJ

Tea

Barotrauma

June 2020 Humble Choice
AWYRV-VP3*Z-V2BL5

Rhymes with great
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 War Chest Edition

June 2020 Humble Choice
8P4VN-053B3-4W*WK

First letter of House

Theres been a history of attempts to steal steam accounts using these codes, hopefully theres nothing to that, I'll be deleting this comment in 1-2 days just to be safe though.

I grabbed Senua, thanks! Barotrauma looks interesting too, though the top review says it's best to play co-op and not that worthwhile single so I'll check it out more later.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Resisting the sale so hard with a backlog and a new kid, but I did pick up Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I know, long ass RPG. :laugh:

I got that at the start of the pandemic, put a ton of time in it and got to I think the second last chapter but it started to drag and then I got Darkest Dungeon a month ago and now I'm hooked on that! Also been having a side of Monster Boy and now Supraland to complement the long as RPG's.

I was really immersed with Pathfinder, for me the best Balders Gate-type game since Balders Gate. And I'd highly recommend checking out the turn based mod, I know that makes it less BG-like but the system fits perfectly into the game and follows the actual pen & paper ruleset. At the end of the day though it's a lower budget game than say Pillars of Eternity and maybe it's just me but it kind of started sticking out as I got towards the end. And of course the biggest issue and what I thought the game needed most is one of those big ass instruction books that gives you all the details on what things do and how systems work. I liked the general difficulty but resorted to mods to smooth out the experience.

And now I know I'm late to it but I'm really impressed with the game design of Darkest Dungeon. This is a game that technologically could have been made for the SNES, yet creates a really solid gameplay experience on the old turn based RPG framework with nothing but really solid design.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Just a heads-up, but if you press either CTRL or TAB you can see where your teammates are. I totally get not liking it because it's a mining game and it's dark, but it's really good. And playing as the Scout helps with the darkness ;)

As for Raft, I love that game! It's pretty mindless but a lot of fun, especially with friends. Now that I mention it, I haven't played it in years... I should probably check it out again to see what they've added. Thanks for reminding me it exists :laugh:
I know you can look at the map to find people but it's frustrating itself because you can't move while viewing the map. It's a procedurally generated game about exploration in teams and through poor game design, they make it incredible difficult to explore with your team. I only played a couple rounds, my friend did play Scout, I didn't even try the class but neither one of us were having fun so we both refunded after an hour.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I know you can look at the map to find people but it's frustrating itself because you can't move while viewing the map. It's a procedurally generated game about exploration in teams and through poor game design, they make it incredible difficult to explore with your team. I only played a couple rounds, my friend did play Scout, I didn't even try the class but neither one of us were having fun so we both refunded after an hour.
Yeah, I get that. I usually play Scout and run ahead of everyone else, and they always tell me to slow down because they can’t keep track of where I am. Maybe I’m part of the problem because I play Scout :laugh:

Have you tried Raft yet? I’m curious what you think of it. I haven’t met too many people that have tried the game out or even know it exists, really.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Haven't bought anything yet, some of the better looking deals on my watchlist include Battletech (75%), Slay the Spire (50%), Moonlighter (66%), Dead Cells (40%) and The Forest (50%).

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Yeah, I get that. I usually play Scout and run ahead of everyone else, and they always tell me to slow down because they can’t keep track of where I am. Maybe I’m part of the problem because I play Scout :laugh:

Have you tried Raft yet? I’m curious what you think of it. I haven’t met too many people that have tried the game out or even know it exists, really.
Not yet, I've actually been playing a lot of TheHunter: Call of the Wild since it was free last week and really enjoying it. I jumped back in for more of that before trying Raft but I'll probably be playing it later today or tomorrow.

Reactions: Papa Francouz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->