Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I picked up the latest Humble Bundle. If anyone wants the following leftovers, send me a PM:

Epistory - Typing Chronicles
How to Survive 2

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I picked up Evil Within 2. Man. I am absolutely loving it so far. Granted I'm only like an hour in, but it's immediately head and shoulders above the first for me. The open world feel works really well.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
The rest of the bundle came in. To add to what's left of my above, if anyone wants:

Epistory - Typing Chronicles
How to Survive 2
The Bard's Tale (Remastered)
Tormentor X Punisher

Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I always have the best intentions with CRPGs, and then immediately lose interest....it's weird.

Booted up Wasteland 2 and wandered off within an hour. :laugh:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If anyone is interested in Train Simulator 2017, PM me and I'll toss you the key.

Got it in the Humble Bundle, but I don't think I'll ever play it.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I just bought Death Coming, which is in Early Access still. Really fun and quite challenging game. Retro looking graphics along with a neat concept I've never played before. Somewhat inspired by the Final Destination movies.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
The latest Humble Bundle is $30, but it's 100% to charity and has quite the lineup. The highlights for me are Stardew Valley and Darkest Dungeon which are two of the best games I've played in recent memory (at least IMO).

Duck Game is also pretty great.

Already owning most of the list is a bit of a dampener for me, but just thought I'd mention it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Hey guys, I bought the humble bundle for Cities: Skylines and OOTP18. I likely won't ever play these other games and would like to gift them to someone who might get some enjoyment out of them. If there is a game you're interested in send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville
Simpleplanes

EDIT TO REMOVE CODES GIVEN AWAY.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
pretty much nothing I want this year. Only wanted Divinity: Original Sin to play with a friend and he ended up buying a 2 pack for us lol

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Really nothing I care about to buy there. I'll just shill away saying if you like rpg, buy Divinity: Original Sin 2 I guess....

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
From now on I'm buying all my games on Black Friday and boxing Day, Buy in bulk it's like 2 for 1 on everything I'd want. Even the trade in deals are beautiful.

EBGames, trade 2 games worth $10 minimum get $50 towards any on sale game. Hello NBA 2K18 for 2 old wii u games.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Ended up going for Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Hollow Knight, and Batman: The Enemy Within. Also Tales of Zestiria for the wife.

My backlog is undying.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I really liked Prey. One of my top 10 this year.

As far as the sale goes, I picked up Divinity OS EE and Transistor. Probably calling it a day after that.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I personally thought Prey was really good until you get towards the end game. The difficulty seemed to ramp way too quickly. I would also say it'd take 30 hours if you're going for a completionist run. I didn't rush through it myself and finished it in about 17 hours according to Steam.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Can someone explain backing up saves or cloud saves on steam. Have had zero success with this. I swapped out a HDD for a SSD and decided to start over from scratch thinking my saves were stored with the games in the external hard drive. Turns out thats not the case and lost EVERYTHING since Steam itself was on the C drive. I shouldn't have that problem again since I installed it onto the external storage this time around but Im curious if anybody here knows anything about backing saves or any cloud storage on Steam.

Any relevant links would be helpful. It sucks because I have to start over in DS3 and a new character is always a nightmare with the early scaling.

EDIT: Just remembered I didnt wipe the HDD, so maybe all is not lost. Wish me luck.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I will say messing around with the early game with a sorcerer build, the game is extremely easy even with the early scaling problems dark souls has. Killed Gundyr and Sword Master without them hitting me once.

Still im sure theres going to be a boss that just isn't damaged by it at some point.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Thankfully I got my DS3 save back. Its kind of bizarre how every game on steam basically saves in a different place. Youd think there would be some standards on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad