Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If anyone wants a key for The Long Dark, PM me.

I wasn't really interested in survival games until I saw this one. Loved it.

EDIT: SOLD!

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I have Stardew Valley but can't bring myself to play it.

Just grabbed Rocket League and Cities Skylines. Never really played a city sim before so we'll see if I like it.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Do the final fantasy games ever go on sale?
Wonder if I should take the plunge, or wait for boxing day sales..

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

I'm pretty sure they do... may as well wait though as the Steam Christmas sale should be coming within a few days to a week and nearly everything should be on sale then. If they aren't on sale with everything else then they probably won't be.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

So yeah most Final Fantasy games are 50% off on Steam now. Everything except for anything to do with XI, XIV, and the newest released single player game World of Final Fantasy.

Reactions: Scygen

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Winter sale is live

Just bought Planet Coaster for $15, Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood for $12.50 each, and Golf It + Golf with your friends for 30-40% off. I was thinking about getting Dishonored 2 and Doom for 50% off but I have too much on my plate and they'll go on sale again in the future.

Edit: I just noticed there was a package for both Wolfensteins for $20. f***.

Last edited:
Reactions: G F O P

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
For what it's worth, I enjoyed Golf It a lot more than Golf with Friends for the sole reason that Golf It has a free cam mode. Insane minigolf courses suck when it's a guessing game and you have to remember courses... Also, Golf It has a ton of free custom courses on the workshop so you get a ton of content.

I picked up:

Stardew Valley (I know co-op is coming soon and I bought it for that. I see it as a game I'll thoroughly enjoy but will wait until co-op comes out to play fresh with a friend of mine.)
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (Surprised it was already 50% off, I don't see it getting much cheaper for a while so figured I'll grab it now.)
Rock of Ages II (I really enjoyed the first one and from what I've heard they improved quite a bit with the new one.)

I think that'll be it for me.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Winter sale is live

Just bought Planet Coaster for $15, Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood for $12.50 each, and Golf It + Golf with your friends for 30-40% off. I was thinking about getting Dishonored 2 and Doom for 50% off but I have too much on my plate and they'll go on sale again in the future.

Edit: I just noticed there was a package for both Wolfensteins for $20. ****.

You should be able to refund them provide you haven’t played them for any decent length of time.

Reactions: Nuckles

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
I'll probably get Nier Automata on the Steam sale. That's been on sale a few times already, but I'll probably bite the bullet and get it this time.

Nope not on sale

I picked up South Park:Stick of Truth, the walking dead, FFIX and Tales of Berseria. That will keep my busy for a long time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Bought XCom2 after spending only a few hours on the first. Already put in more time in the second one. Still a lot to learn, but I’m enjoying it.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
picked up Dark Souls II: sotfs and Castle Crashers and will likely have to get a refund since DSII does not seem to have controller support. Very confusing, Ive tried both a xbox one and xbox 360 controller connected straight to the PC, no dice. Both work fine on DS3.

Anybody heard of the problem? Ive searched it up and it seems possible to me that DS2 does not have native controller support but that seems ridiculous. Maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: Nevermind, my dolphinbar was messing with it.

Edit: goodness gracious the controls are awful it feels like I'm using an n64 8 directional analog stick

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Yeah man, I'm pissed. WTF.

On a side noth I'm seriously considering getting the Steam Link. For 5 bucks. Why not.

I have one, don't use it a ton, but it works as advertised.

If you do get one I'd recommend pairing it an Xbox One wireless controller, that'll give you the most seamless experience using the Link on a TV. You'll want one of the later model Xbox One controllers that support Bluetooth.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's the status of Prey these days?

I've been looking to play something more modern.

I don’t know if someone answered this already but I really enjoyed Prey. I got it for like $48 when it came out and to me it was worth every penny then. I loved the story and the gameplay and everything. For $20 on sale it’s definitely worth it if you enjoy story games like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->