Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Ended up getting ELEX instead of Prey.

Supposedly Piranha Bytes are back to being halfway decent. Guess I'll find out.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
My friend absolutely loves ELEX. It's on my wishlist, but I decided it wasn't on sale enough.

Surprisingly, I have almost entirely resisted this winter sale....what's happened to me?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Still mulling around what to get this winter. Pretty sure I'm getting the Fallout 4 season pass at 50% off and Darkest Dungeon at 60% off. Considering Starbound (33%) and Hollow Knight (33%). Also thinking about the Fallout classic pack for $5 with Fallout 1 & 2 plus Fallout Tactics.

Searching around for deals, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is 85% off ($9). Never played those games, what do y'all think of them? Pretty big discount for a game released only a year ago.

Really enjoying watching Stationeers on twitch, new game and no discounts on it though.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Darkest Dungeon is awesome.

Hollow Knight is pretty great, IMO. It's a bit Souls-y, so fair warning there (although as someone who doesn't particularly enjoy the Dark Souls franchise, I'm still recommending Hollow Knight for the interesting visuals and fun combat). I find it can get a little frustrating at parts but overall definitely worth it.

I'm a bit lukewarm on Starbound, but I think a lot of that has to do with spending many an hour in Terraria.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I was actually hoping NieR: Automata would get a good sale this winter but no dice.

I really enjoyed the demo for that game. Oh well, it's not like I don't have plenty of games to play already....

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
My purchase list thus far:

Just Cause 3 XL version
Dark Souls 3
Tribes Ascend
Rage
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
COD 3

Now I just have to find time to play these games, still haven't touched games from like 3 sales ago lol -- bit of a hoarder. Think I may start off with Dark Souls 3, heard it's an amazing game.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ended up getting ELEX instead of Prey.

Supposedly Piranha Bytes are back to being halfway decent. Guess I'll find out.

Let me know how it is. I've been looking into that for a while but I haven't really seen anything that makes me want to pull the trigger yet.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
picked up:

Full Throttle Remastered
SOMA
PU Battlegrounds

might get something else ...dunno.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Still mulling around what to get this winter. Pretty sure I'm getting the Fallout 4 season pass at 50% off and Darkest Dungeon at 60% off. Considering Starbound (33%) and Hollow Knight (33%). Also thinking about the Fallout classic pack for $5 with Fallout 1 & 2 plus Fallout Tactics.

Searching around for deals, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is 85% off ($9). Never played those games, what do y'all think of them? Pretty big discount for a game released only a year ago.

Really enjoying watching Stationeers on twitch, new game and no discounts on it though.

The original Deus Ex is the best game ever made IMO and only costs $0.97 right now. But if you want something with some more updated graphics, Human Revolution was quite a bit better than Mankind Divided and only costs $3. I still enjoyed Mankind Divided but it was certainly one of the weaker of the Deus Ex games.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
The original Deus Ex is the best game ever made IMO and only costs $0.97 right now. But if you want something with some more updated graphics, Human Revolution was quite a bit better than Mankind Divided and only costs $3. I still enjoyed Mankind Divided but it was certainly one of the weaker of the Deus Ex games.
I'm usually not one for remastered/updated games - but if they ever redid the original Deus Ex, I would be all over that!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Made my first purchase, may buy a few more games before it's over:
- Fallout 4 DLC pack
- Darkest Dungeon
- Age of Wonders
- Age of Wonders II
- Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

The older Age of Wonders games are all $1.50-$2.50. Fun old turn-based RPG's.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
To be fair there are some surprisingly good graphics mods for Deus Ex. It will still look very dated but it can certainly look a lot better. I remember I replayed it right before Human Revolution came out and it was a significant improvement.

Also Sniper, not sure what that is. Clicking on it leads to a 404 error. I don't think that exists, clearly a figment of your imagination. :sarcasm:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Xcom Enemy Unknown (the complete edition) is 9.99; 80% off right now. I'm a huge fan of the game; it includes enemy within (which was a wonderful change to the original game) and some of the smaller DLC packs. I had this for PS3 and have been eyeing if for PC for a while but couldn't justify the full price to myself; 10 bucks is perfect.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Let me know how it is. I've been looking into that for a while but I haven't really seen anything that makes me want to pull the trigger yet.

I'm only about 3 hours in so it could easily go to crap at some point....but I love this game.

It's a Piranha Bytes game in a new setting. If you've played Risen, or the older Gothic games it's extremely similar to those. It has all the usual problems: the voice acting is B- grade, the animations and graphics are a tad dated, the dialog (writing) is a bit wooden at times probably due to the translation. Also the character system seems more shallow than I'd like but we'll see.

But it scratches the exploration itch and the combat is super lethal. Their open world formula predates the current open world fad and is vastly superior far as I'm concerned. That seems to be intact here where was in Risen 2-3 they kinda fell off that.

And the setting is damn interesting. Not particularly original but it combines a lot of different ideas. Post apocalyptic but not in the usual Mad max kinda way, from a natural disaster instead. Combines a lot of different technologies so you have bows and sword but guns and space type tech as well. And you get a jetpack!!!!!.

Last edited:

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Bought Fallout 3 GOTY edition. I haven't really played it yet though. I have only set up the looks and name of my character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->