Steam #17 - PC gaming, sales, discussion, etc.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Steamcharts is great but be mindful of games on multiple launchers. If the game is only on Steam, you'll get a good idea of how many people are playing it at the moment. But say you're looking at Rainbow Six Siege, people can have it on uplay or on Steam and that's only showing Steam's numbers.

I got a few games:

Guacamelee 2
Katana Zero
BAFL: Brakes Are For Losers

Not much, I don't plan on buying anything else either. A lot of these discounts are that great IMO. I even have a couple puzzle games that were released like 4 years ago that aren't even on sale. Quite a few games that are well over a year old and only 25% off. I would pick some of these up if I was really looking to play them but my backlog is so big, I'm not going to bother with a small discount.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I forgot to mention, if anyone wants a fun racing game, pick up Wreckfest. It's one of the best demolition derby games ever made, definitely the best one of the past 10-15 years. The driving physics are solid, kind of one of those arcade-sim hybrid games like Grid, but the carnage and damage physics are incredible. It's 50% off and worth it at full price. The multiplayer is particularly awesome. You can kind of make your own nemesis system and try to go after somebody who destroyed you in a previous race. There's nothing more satisfying than getting to destroy somebody who took you out even a few races ago. Community is kind of small too so you'll most likely see someone again so you can get revenge even a couple days later.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I forgot to mention, if anyone wants a fun racing game, pick up Wreckfest. It's one of the best demolition derby games ever made, definitely the best one of the past 10-15 years. The driving physics are solid, kind of one of those arcade-sim hybrid games like Grid, but the carnage and damage physics are incredible. It's 50% off and worth it at full price. The multiplayer is particularly awesome. You can kind of make your own nemesis system and try to go after somebody who destroyed you in a previous race. There's nothing more satisfying than getting to destroy somebody who took you out even a few races ago. Community is kind of small too so you'll most likely see someone again so you can get revenge even a couple days later.
Picked up Wreckfest a while back and boy is it great fun. Easy to learn and with all the mods you can get into racing online with all the best cars and upgrades. Totally recommended

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Fences was on sale for 5 bucks. Best 5 dollars I ever spent. My desktop is so clean and organized now, especially with the roll up fence feature. I'm considering Yakuza 0, but after that there's not much else that appeals to me.

edit: I see The Fractured but Whole is 6 bucks. I may get that.

Last edited:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Picked up Wreckfest a while back and boy is it great fun. Easy to learn and with all the mods you can get into racing online with all the best cars and upgrades. Totally recommended
Yeah, just immediately download the free market mod and buy all the upgrades for every car off the bat. It's pretty dumb that the game forces you to drive bad cars online but singleplayer progression also factors into what cars you can buy. Maybe their idea is to encourage people to play singleplayer to learn the game first? Whatever their reason, I don't like it. Fortunately the workshop exists to make things easy.

Sep 19, 2008
Fences was on sale for 5 bucks. Best 5 dollars I ever spent. My desktop is so clean and organized now, especially with the roll up fence feature. I'm considering Yakuza 0, but after that there's not much else that appeals to me.

edit: I see The Fractured but Whole is 6 bucks. I may get that.
get yakuza 0 for sure

Reactions: SeidoN

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Im having a blast with Long War for Enemy Within

I'm not very familiar with Long War but XCom 2 does a lot more with the strategic layer. You will not be disappointed.

That being said, no real reason to spend more money if you are enjoying what you are playing ;)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Damn, it had been on my back log for the longest time but I just finally went through X-Com/Enemy Within a few months ago, really wish I knew about this Long War mod at the time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lads, I am having a huge problem trying to sign into my steam account. I switched computers and I can log in perfectly online, but whenever I try to use the app it says my credentials do not match. WTF? I tried changing my password and account settings too and it's still broken.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Add Supraland and XCOM War of the Chosen to my list of purchases.

Well done on WotC ;)

I just purchased Vampyr and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I am a sucker for anything vampire so I expect to like Vampyr based on what I have read: I really enjoyed combat in Witcher 3 so the main thing people complain about is a non-issue and I do love some games with a lot of player agency.

Hellblade looks like more comfort food so I'll likely keep it for after I'm done with Dragon Quest XI. I simply cannot power through JRPGs like I used to used to :wally:

Sep 19, 2008
Fractured But Whole is 6 dollars. Good so far but getting used to turn based combat. Usually I just mash buttons and beat someone up

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Well done on WotC ;)

I just purchased Vampyr and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I am a sucker for anything vampire so I expect to like Vampyr based on what I have read: I really enjoyed combat in Witcher 3 so the main thing people complain about is a non-issue and I do love some games with a lot of player agency.

Hellblade looks like more comfort food so I'll likely keep it for after I'm done with Dragon Quest XI. I simply cannot power through JRPGs like I used to used to :wally:

I bought Hellblade a long while ago but never got around to it. I want to though.

Vampyr is part of the Xbox Game Pass for PC, so no need to buy it (at least for this one anyway).

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I enjoyed Vampyr, it wasn't a great game but it was good and unique. The dialogue was actually great IMO.

I didn't really like Hellblade, it's super linear and the combat, especially the camera in combat, is just bad. I died several times just because the camera was up against a wall and an enemy pinned me in a corner because I couldn't see what was going on. I also didn't think the story was all that great. The game's beautiful but I feel like testing your graphics card on it is the only reason to go for it.

I did end up picking a few more games:

The Vagrant - Saw it on a "hidden gems" list on another board and for $1.69, figured why not.
Mega Man 11 - I wasn't going to originally buy it at first but watching them play it at SGDQ and it looks like they added a lot of QoL changes to make the game faster/more fun.
Snakebird - Cheap puzzle game I saw a streamer playing the other day.
American Fugitive - Looks like the old school style GTA games. It's been a while since I've played a game like that and kind of in the mood.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Watch Dogs 2 for 15 bucks?

Sold! I actually liked the first one a fair bit, the gun play was really satisfying.

That American Fugitive game looks sweet. I'm considering it.

Reactions: SeidoN

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Keep thinking I'm done. I wasn't originally planning on getting it but a friend of mine wanted to play Strange Brigade. I had my eye on it for a while, looks like it'd be fun. Since he was interested, I picked it up. Just a co-op wave based shooter it and the reviews are really good with the exception of it not being worth the full price. At $12.50, seems like it'll be a good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad