Steals of the draft..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarcold

Jan 2, 2007
Sorry but I really have to limit my comments about players, given my role, so I'll just comment on one or two occasionally.
Short word on Palmieri- I like him more than Torquato, there's some hint of a decent power forward with scoring skills there.

Obviously you don't pay a whole lot of attention to the Otters in this role you speak of. There were really bad players on that team last year all begging not to play with palmieri because the guys vison and ability to complete a pass is bantam level at best. Ther is one reason he got drafted ahead of zack - size and size alone. you can thank the stanley cup champion Ducks for that

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Hisshawk: would you take a look at the Blue Jackets

Sorry but I really have to limit my comments about players, given my role, so I'll just comment on one or two occasionally.

and tell me how you think their draft went? Voracek, Legien, W Weber, Mayorov, Hansen, York and Vogelhuber. We needed Dmen and only got one, but the picks we made appear sound and in line with the Jackets board. Your thoughts?

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Cherapanov may be the only superstar of the draft--at 20th overall !

Nichlas Torp in the sixth round--ranked 7th in Europe prior to the draft.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
and tell me how you think their draft went? Voracek, Legien, W Weber, Mayorov, Hansen, York and Vogelhuber. We needed Dmen and only got one, but the picks we made appear sound and in line with the Jackets board. Your thoughts?
Outside of my own club's picks I think Columbus did the best. I think you got better value-per-position than any team except my own. A lot of people are very high on your first 5 picks and some of them were players other teams were about to pounce on.

Note to the guy who posted regarding Torquato and Erie: Players of equal or smaller size than Torquato were drafted before him, many with lesser stats too. So there must be another factor. If you look at most of the rating services you'll see skating mentioned as a weakness and you should remember that he came into the league ranked equally with Couture but hasn't progressed as much as one would hope. There are doubts about how Torquato's game as a whole will translate to the pros- and judging by his draft position, this seems to be pretty widespread. As with all prospects who come with doubts and question marks, I hope he proves us all wrong.
Palmieri is raw but has some upside- flaws to be sure, but there is some upside.

jarcold

Jan 2, 2007
Outside of my own club's picks I think Columbus did the best. I think you got better value-per-position than any team except my own. A lot of people are very high on your first 5 picks and some of them were players other teams were about to pounce on.

Note to the guy who posted regarding Torquato and Erie: Players of equal or smaller size than Torquato were drafted before him, many with lesser stats too. So there must be another factor. If you look at most of the rating services you'll see skating mentioned as a weakness and you should remember that he came into the league ranked equally with Couture but hasn't progressed as much as one would hope. There are doubts about how Torquato's game as a whole will translate to the pros- and judging by his draft position, this seems to be pretty widespread. As with all prospects who come with doubts and question marks, I hope he proves us all wrong.
Palmieri is raw but has some upside- flaws to be sure, but there is some upside.

I completely agree with you when it comes to Torquato's skating. He'll be the first to tell you that as well, and is working hard to improve it. However there are things he brings that many other guys don't. He may be one of the best leadership guys in the world at his age, hence the letters on his sweater. He also plays every aspect of the game which often goes un-noticed because the guys with the flashy numbers always get hyped first. As for Palmieri I was talking strictly about him an not using him as an example for many players who went ahead of Zack. Palmieri will never be the player Zack is and for that matter every otter who went behind him in the draft. The guy just simply can't play at this level despite some people's hopes.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I know a lot of people are calling Zack Torquato a late round steal but as a Red Wing fan this guy reminds me a lot of Evan McGrath, he's another talented player who has an average size and below average skating skills.

I'm not really excited much about this guy after the McGrath project.

FutureGM97

Jun 21, 2007
i think 2 big steals came for PHX. Gistedt was one of them and then Goncharov they got with their last pick in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->