Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Who do you think it was?

I think it is a dead heat between Hennessy, Mirnov, and O'sullivan
Naturally poeple would vot for Bergerone, but I think he is some what if an over achiever

My projection for these players:

Hennessy: 03-04 59gp 40g 42a 82pts
NHL Future: 25-30 goals 2 way 2nd line center

O'sullivan: 03-04 53gp 43g 39a 82pts
NHL Future: 30-35 goals 2nd line sniper

Mirnov: 03-04 54gp 11g 11a 22pts
NHL Future: 20-30 goals Dynamic 2nd liner for the sens

Last edited:

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
How can Fritsche not be included in the top 9 :dunno:

In a lot of the 2003 redrafts in another thread they have him going in the first round. I'm not saying he was the biggest steal, but he should be on the list.

My pick is O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan
Bergeron
Fritsche

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I picked "other" in protest of Fritsche not even being on the list.
Had Fritsche been on the list, I would've went with Bergeron. Can't argue with what the kid has done.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Bergeron is my pick for the second round.

Way out at #83 in the third round, Steve Werner looks like a find, given his World Juniors showing.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
sharkyz15 said:
Who do you think it was?

I think it is a dead heat between Hennessy, Mirnov, and O'sullivan
Naturally poeple would vot for Bergerone, but I think he is some what if an over achiever

My projection for these players:

Hennessy: 03-04 59gp 40g 42a 82pts
NHL Future: 25-30 goals 2 way 2nd line center

O'sullivan: 03-04 53gp 43g 39a 82pts
NHL Future: 30-35 goals 2nd line sniper

Mirnov: 03-04 54gp 11g 11a 22pts
NHL Future: 20-30 goals Dynamic 2nd liner for the sens

After just one season in the NHL, I'd have to vote for Bergeron. I'm confused by your "projections": how many goals and points did Hennessy accumulate last year? If he scored 40 goals in 59 games, he was far and away the most-prolific scorere in the NHL last year. That means he would've scored 53 goals or so if he played the full season. If he's that prolific a scorer, why do you think he'd only average 25-to-30 goals per season as he matures?

I'm assuming those figures for Hennessy are incorrect.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Kick Save said:
After just one season in the NHL, I'd have to vote for Bergeron. I'm confused by your "projections": how many goals and points did Hennessy accumulate last year? If he scored 40 goals in 59 games, he was far and away the most-prolific scorere in the NHL last year. That means he would've scored 53 goals or so if he played the full season. If he's that prolific a scorer, why do you think he'd only average 25-to-30 goals per season as he matures?

No, the figures are right, you just misunderstood what he was saying. Those numbers for Hennessy, O'Sullivan and Mirnov are from the QMJHL, OHL and RSL respectively. Below is a projection of what he feels each player could do in the NHL at their peak.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Hossa said:
No, the figures are right, you just misunderstood what he was saying. Those numbers for Hennessy, O'Sullivan and Mirnov are from the QMJHL, OHL and RSL respectively. Below is a projection of what he feels each player could do in the NHL at their peak.

Thanks for the clarification. The fact that Bergeron was producing at the NHL level makes his accomplishments more impressive. While the others may prove to be great pros, there is no guarantee that they can cut it in the NHL.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Kick Save said:

the 1st stats were the numbers they put up this seasone
the second line is what i think their NHL potential is

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Tim Ramholt was probably more deserving of a mention than several of the guys in this poll.

The thing is, there are around 15 second round picks who are seen as real steals now becuase they had a great follow-up season. Hennessy, Mirnov, O'Sulivan, Klein, Weber, Ramholt, Carle and a few others, then of course Bergeron...it was a loaded second round. The draft was so incredibly deep that there were first round calibre players literred all over the second round. Hell, my Senators got a first round calibre player in Igor Mirnov at 67th overall. He goes and puts up 11 goals and 22 points in the Super League when guys like Andrei Kastsitsyn aren't even playing regularily in that league. Even then, Mirnov is hardly ahead of any of the rest of these guys.

This is why last year was such a fantastic draft, and as a result, 2004 looks so bad.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Alex Kovalev said:
No offense here, but this isnt a very good poll. Your missing some good prospects suchas Pushkaryov and Eriksson. The obvious answer is Bergeron.
Sorry I didnt put all these people in the poll, I am not fermiliar with every prospect on every team
thats why I put the "other" choice, incase something like this did happen

these are just the prospects that first came to mind

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Bergeron is the obvious choice simply because of the truly unbelievable year he had and how much praise he was receiving.

But I went with my heart still, and chose Patrick O Sullivan. He's possibly the most talented offensive player I've ever seen at the OHL level. Thats including guys like Spezza. He controls and dictates the play when he's on the ice, and a scoring chance occurs nearly every time he takes a shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->