Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Nick Shore - 82nd overall to the Predators
Joseph Labate - 101st overall to the Canucks
Shane McColgan - 134th overall to the Rangers
Andrew Shaw - 139th overall to the Blackhawks

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Apparently a lot of scouts from around the league are telling the Edmonton media that Klefbom is going to be the steal if the 1st round. We'll see...

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Dougie Hamilton falling to 9th for Boston.
All things considered I think that is the perfect team for him... and the look on peter Chiarelli's face when he realized he was available was priceless.

The Fuhr*

Soberg

if he was from Sweden instead of Norway he would have been the top goalie picked in the draft

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Khokhlachev

One of the youngest players in the draft and put up really good numbers including 20 points in 18 playoff games as a rookie... supposedly just oozing skill

Looks like he could be a huge steal at 40... but there is always the russian question marks

This.

I'm not so concerned about the Russian questionmarks, because this kid's work ethic on the ice is sensational. Has the potential to be one of the top 10-15 forwards from this draft.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
In this deep of a draft, stop naming "steals" in the 1st round plz..
only the 1st round

how about stop naming steals after a draft just finished? these threads always make good comedy material 5 years later

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Homer pick but Nathan Beaulieu at 17th is incredible. I really liked Detroit's drafting though...Alexei Marchenko 7th round is going to be their next gem.

Marchenko would've been a first round pick last year but he had his spleen removed. I thought he signed in the KHL so that might be a problem getting him over here to play. But we are speaking of the Detroit Red Wings here. My guess, they'll find a way to make it happen in the next couple of years. By far this would obviously be the steal of the draft.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I strongly disagree, Larsson is. And the fact he's the best Swedish in your opinion doesn't mean he's a top-5 talent. I see the homer connection considering your location though. I'm sure glad you're not head scout for my favorite team!

The beauty of this post is that you think you can talk condescendingly to someone about a player they have evidently watched quite a bit based on what you have seen from 3 scouting service rankings, some mock drafts, and maybe a bit of hockey if we're being optimistic.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I say Samu Perhonen. He's got a lot to grow/develop but has a huge upside.

But of course I'd like to see all of Edmonton's picks do really well.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Larsson wasn't a steal, it was expected that he could fall that far with RNH being the obvious Oilers pick, the Avs in love with Lando and the Panthers needing a forward. Although yes, the Devils are absolutely thrilled to have landed him at #4. Still, not a huge value discrepancy between potentially #2 and #4.

Some people are saying Grimaldi to the Panthers, and that may be true.

But Russo at #95 to the Isles could definitely turn out to be the steal of the draft, it shocked me how far he fell. Ambroz to Columbus in the 5th round also has to get consideration as someone we could look back on say wow how did they get him there. Friberg to Anaheim in the 6th is in the same boat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad