Steal of draft so far

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Larrson, Couturier, Murphy, Klefbom, Jurco, Hamilton and the traditional guy picked between rounds 4 and 6 that becomes a star.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
#166. Danil Sobchenko to San Jose. I watched him in the Subway Series and he was a beast.

Clipitar

Aug 20, 2010
Someone else mentioned Larsson who was picked earlier so.

Larsson could've been picked 1st or 2nd, best D-man available by far.

Zibanejad could not possibly have been taken higher than 6th. The comparison, therefore, doesn't stand.

I also think Ottawa should've picked Couturier instead.

Zibanejad will be great, no doubt about it. But I just don't see him as a top-5 talent in this draft.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Khokhlachev

One of the youngest players in the draft and put up really good numbers including 20 points in 18 playoff games as a rookie... supposedly just oozing skill

Looks like he could be a huge steal at 40... but there is always the russian question marks

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'll go with Shane Prince. I'm sure he fell due to questions about whether he was a product of his line in juniors, but the reality is he's a top notch playmaker who is an excellent skater and has a decent chance of being a top two line pivot in the NHL. The Preds should have been all over him.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Larsson could've been picked 1st or 2nd, best D-man available by far.

Zibanejad could not possibly have been taken higher than 6th. The comparison, therefore, doesn't stand.

I also think Ottawa should've picked Couturier instead.

Zibanejad will be great, no doubt about it. But I just don't see him as a top-5 talent in this draft.
Any player could have been taken anywhere. I'm confident Zibenajad is the best Swedish prospect in this draft and it was a steal to get him as the 6th team to pick. You'll get my point in the future when we look back to this draft.

RogerRoeper*

NJ with another franchise Defence ughh Larsson is gonna be a treat

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
I think this is a better question in January. Maybe even two years from now. We may say Larsson is the steal today but some young second rounder blows right by him in development, and that is very common. That is why I love the draft redo threads they are more honest.

Clipitar

Aug 20, 2010
Any player could have been taken anywhere. I'm confident Zibenajad is the best Swedish prospect in this draft and it was a steal to get him as the 6th team to pick. You'll get my point in the future when we look back to this draft.

I strongly disagree, Larsson is. And the fact he's the best Swedish in your opinion doesn't mean he's a top-5 talent. I see the homer connection considering your location though. I'm sure glad you're not head scout for my favorite team!

Edge of Sanity*

Tvrdon is a great pick, have to like Ambroz in the 5th as well

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Surprised Lucia fell from the bottom of the 1st, mid 2nd to bottom of the 2nd round. He'll be a huge treat for Minnesota to follow.

Edge of Sanity*

Marchenko in the 7th round for Detroit, steal of the draft

Could be an amazing pick, he was ranked 10th overall in last years draft, but he's said he wants to stay in Russia so its unlikely we ever see him in the NHL no matter how talented he is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad