Sedin - Sedin - Guerin
Cooke - Kesler - Linden
Nieminen - Chubarov - Ruutu :)

Ohlund - Regehr
Jovanovski - Allen
Salo - Sopel

X0ssbar

CBJ

We need help at center and major help at defense. We also need some grit, size and toughness - especially on 'D'. Wanted to also keep an eye on age and stay relatively young but also select players that have proven they can compete at the NHL level.

With that said - here are my picks:

Thornton - center (tough call between he, Spezza and Gomez)
Bouwmeister - defense (somewhat unproven in the NHL but to much potential to pass up and he has proven himself at the international level)
Chara - defense (everything we need at the defensive position - size, toughness, Norris finalist, etc)

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
For the Canucks...

Horton
Volchenkov
Nabokov

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi
Sedin - Sedin - Horton
Cooke - Kesler/Chubarov - Linden
May - Chubarov/Kesler - Bouck/Ruutu/Brookbank

Ohlund - Volchenkov
Jovanovski - Allen
Salo - Sopel

Nabokov
Auld

Prospect wise, I'd go for Phaneuf, Carter, and Macarthur.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
TORRUS said:
Noone will ever break Gretzky's records! We all know that. Today the scoring leaders barely put up 90 points, while before the leaders had twice as many.

Wait until they increase scoring by widening the net, taking out the red line and both blue lines, and make the goalies wear oven mitts to catch with. Matthew Barnaby will suddenly become a fifty goal scorer, and then Crosby has a chance of breaking Gretzky's records.

For me this thread is pretty easy.

Prospects
Ovechkin, Phaneuf, Lehtonen.

NHLers
Kovalchuk, J Bo, Luongo

Picked who I think are the best forward, defenseman, and goalie. The only tough choice was which NHL defenseman to pick (Jackman and Regehr could easily have been picked instead)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
With the thread being actually three best prospects, three best NHL players I would pick:

Prospects:
AO or Malkin, leaning toward Malkin actually based on improvement this year, Crosby, Lehtonen.

NHL Players:
Lecavalier, Iggy and Luongo

The particular positions be damned, just pick the best players. You get three of those above and you can build a team around them.

Barney Stinson76

Jul 24, 2002
Austria
Visit site
For the Pens I would take:

NHL players: Kovalchuk or Gaborik,Redden or Chara,Pitkanen
With Lemieux at center and Kovy or Gaborik at wing we would have a nice offense
Redden or Chara along with Pitkanen is a great defense and Fleury in goal!

Prospects: Ovechkin,Phaneuf,Barker
Malkin at center AO at wing would be awsome!
Phaneuf,Barker and Whitney at defense and Fleury in goal could bring us the cup in a few years!! :D

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
For the Devils, I would nab Mike Green, Anthony Stewart, and Robyn Regher.

Regher would add some more muscle to the Devils' D, Green would be for the future D, and Stewart (hopefully) will blossom into a true power forward on the RW. The Devils don't have any true power forwards, unless you count Brian Gionta's willingness (notice I didn't say succeed) to skate through guys much larger than him as being a power forward.

Nikkowar

Feb 13, 2003
Upper Darby
I'd like to have the same lines for the Flyers that I have in NHL 2005,but I can't take Patrik Elias away from New Jersey. I mean that would take away all the fun ;)

IdiotsPickedMyName*

This will be tough for the sens but I'll give it a shot.

Prospects

Lehtonen- We could use a top Goalie prospect.

Steve Bernier- Going to be a great PF in the nhl very underrated IMO

Sidney Crosby-Not quite a prospect yet but a Havlat-Crosby-Hossa line would be insane :eek:

Current Players

Lulongo-A goalie that can help win us the cup right now.

Chris Pronger- a Chara-Pronger top D pairing would be unbeatable especially with Lulongo in net.

Scotty Bowman- I know hes retired and not a player but the sens could really use him as head coach.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
My point of you for that habs, except taking the obvious would be

1.Jeff Carter:We really need a ala Lindros, Thornton prospect, a big center to work with players like Kostytsin and Perezhogin

2.Ryan Getzlaf: We dont have any crash the net with your huge body type winger in our system right now

3.Dion Phaneuf or Ryan Suter, possible futur no.1 D int their team, Souray, Markov and Komisarek are good , no.2 or 3 D, but we need a big potential D, i think that with Yan Dannis in nets with Jaroslav Halak we're fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad