Stay-at-home NHLers lazy shiftless hobos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I mean really.

They lollygaggle about their spacious, opulent homes (with their fully-upholstered trophy wives) all day. Stubble-faced and shirtless, wearing only housecoats and warmup pants, they boorishly belch up Gatorade and cram Powerbars down their mangled maws whilst frittering away the time playing Xbox and watching the Golf Channel.

I've thought long and hard about this, but it would only be appropriate to come up with a bad name for them, preferably one which up until now, had a totally different meaning. This only makes sense to use a word in the wrong context because I am angry. Therefore, I shall hereinafter refer to them by the perjorative "Hobos."

Meanwhile, their more ambitious union brethern are one by one joining the Humanitarian Airlift of Quality Hockey to needy, previously-deprived European fans. Think of the children! Why, now every little Tomasz, every little Veli-Pekka, every little Haraald can see a real-life NHL player in their very own hometown! Oh, how their eyes shall light up like Tannenbaums!

Yes Sir. Those Hobos are selfish. They should be sharing their God-given hockey talent with the rest of the world. Shame shame shame.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Steve L said:
The whole board knows thats impossible.

Youre trolling gets more pathetic by the day.

i think his humour is genius... just because you dont "get it"

dr

FraserOtt

Apr 23, 2004
DementedReality said:

dr

Agreed. I may not agree with him, but at least I can laugh while planning my revenge.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I think we all "get it" dr, and it would probably amusing or even funny if these comments were made once in a while, but these same comments made day after day are getting to the point of trolling.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Chelios said:
I think we all "get it" dr, and it would probably amusing or even funny if these comments were made once in a while, but these same comments made day after day are getting to the point of trolling.

This is hilariously ironic coming from someone who repeats the same anti-player rant on a daily basis.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Chelios said:
Exactly, people should think a tad before saying I dont "get it"

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Epsilon said:
This is hilariously ironic coming from someone who repeats the same anti-player rant on a daily basis.

Completely different, if I was coming on here everyday and proclaiming that Gary Bettman was the savior of hockey and will surely be regarded one day as one of the greates figures in sports history, then yes you would have a point. I don`t come on here making absolutely rediculous statements just to try to piss people off, I make arguments that I believe and dispute those that I don`t. Healthy discussion. Bicycle Repairman does no such thing.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Chelios said:
.. Bicycle Repairman does no such thing.

of course, thats your opinion. i happen to have enjoyed the ironic humour in this post.

if you dont like what he is posting, DONT READ IT, but some of us like it, ?

dr

swflyers8*

Getting back to the subject of this thread, I don't think the stay at home NHLers are selfish. They aren't going overseas to take someone else's job which is exactly what all the players who are over there now are doing. They are just making themselves look like idiots. You ask them why they are there, "I want to stay in shape..." and "It's not about the money." Well, that's great buddy. Meanwhile, if you and your buddies could agree on a fair deal for both sides, you could be playing in the NHL and not making the peanuts you are making right now.

It burns me up to hear guys say "It's not about the money." :mad:

That's exactly what this is all about. You won't agree to a cap? Why not? I haven't heard one good reason as to why the NHLPA doesn't want a cap. They are the only ones looking bad. There are players starting to speak out against them. The former players and hall of famers are starting to speak out against them. They are in a no win situation and I think they will realize it soon. Only ones who will get hurt is them. The fans won't respect them, they won't come to the games. It's only going to hurt them.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:
I mean really.

They lollygaggle about their spacious, opulent homes (with their fully-upholstered trophy wives) all day. Stubble-faced and shirtless, wearing only housecoats and warmup pants, they boorishly belch up Gatorade and cram Powerbars down their mangled maws whilst frittering away the time playing Xbox and watching the Golf Channel.

I've thought long and hard about this, but it would only be appropriate to come up with a bad name for them, preferably one which up until now, had a totally different meaning. This only makes sense to use a word in the wrong context because I am angry. Therefore, I shall hereinafter refer to them by the perjorative "Hobos."

Meanwhile, their more ambitious union brethern are one by one joining the Humanitarian Airlift of Quality Hockey to needy, previously-deprived European fans. Think of the children! Why, now every little Tomasz, every little Veli-Pekka, every little Haraald can see a real-life NHL player in their very own hometown! Oh, how their eyes shall light up like Tannenbaums!

Yes Sir. Those Hobos are selfish. They should be sharing their God-given hockey talent with the rest of the world. Shame shame shame.

haha! i love it. seriously, sorry about ragging on you before. you're awesome. :handclap:

MacDaddy TLC*

DementedReality said:

dr

and BR is one of the few reasons (and they keep getting fewer by the day) to keep returning to this board. I completely am siding with management, but enjoy the Repairman (PA backing) point of view.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Well considering the NHL players who went over to Europe are now screwing up the economical stability of those leagues, I find it perplexing people don't understand why the owners pay the salaries they do.

If you don't, someone else will, and they will be a better team because of it (most of the time).

Some of the mid and lower tier Euro teams have no choice to pay money they can't afford for temp NHL help, because the richer teams in their leauges have signed 4 and 5 players, increasing the talent gap between teams.

It's bad enough they do it here, but they haven't even been in Europe for 2 months yet!!!!

MacDaddy TLC*

I have to say I am very proud of my stay at home Leafs: Darcy Tucker, Ken Klee, Brian Leetch, and Wade Belak who are enjoying some family time. Tucker is attending discos with his 5 year old daughter Owynn and Belak is a new father. One concern is, with his hands, should his wife really let him hold the baby? I'm sure we all agree the answer is no.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2004/10/29/692157.html

Last edited by a moderator:

YellHockey*

MacDaddy Version 1.3 said:
Tucker is attending discos with his 5 year old daughter Owynn

That's got to be one of the worst names I've ever heard for a daughter.

It make Gwyenth Paltrow's Apple look half way decent.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Isles72 said:
wow , I tried to add the repairman to an ignore list but I cant because he is a mod ! :(

Yes and for that intelligent thinking people who come to these boards can be grateful. Their are so few with the wit and ability to express themselves with any amount of humor and writing skill, not to mention even a modicum of spelling ability.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
DementedReality said:
i think his humour is genius
Genius? Wow. Youre easily impressed.
bling said:
Their are so few with the wit and ability to express themselves with any amount of humor and writing skill, not to mention even a modicum of spelling ability.
This I'll agree with. Even though his humor obvious and baiting, at least he's well written and informed.

But its not hard to get a reaction when you adulate the "villain" in a dispute that people are passionate about. Theres a fine line between posting for discussion and posting for a reaction. Actually its a pretty thick line.

I dont understand why anyone would want to put someone on their ignore list though. If you look past the bs and ignore the rhetoric, theres lots to be learned on these boards.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Cawz said:
Genius? Wow. Youre easily impressed.

This I'll agree with. Even though his humor obvious and baiting, at least he's well written and informed.

But its not hard to get a reaction when you adulate the "villain" in a dispute that people are passionate about. Theres a fine line between posting for discussion and posting for a reaction. Actually its a pretty thick line.

I dont understand why anyone would want to put someone on their ignore list though. If you look past the bs and ignore the rhetoric, theres lots to be learned on these boards.

I take umbrage at your assumption that Goodenow is the villian in this dispute. People are passionate on both sides of the issue. Your villian is Goodenow, mine is the faceless sniveling hoard of team owners who use Bettman as their frontman and "spokesmodel".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad