Stauffer on NHL radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Smytty. Three things in his life. Hockey. Family. Jesus.

He's an island in the locker room.

Smyth is a religious guy, sure, but reading that and then reading the second statement, it's like your saying Smyth is the only guy who's religious, yakupov has been spotted making dua before a few games, that doesn't mean he's on an island,

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Smytty. Three things in his life. Hockey. Family. Jesus.

He's an island in the locker room.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure only him and Jonesy are the only really hyper Christian guys on the team. Nail is a fairly devout Muslim from what I understand though as well (But hey, lets just keep that one to ourselves huh? People will look for any reason to pick on Nail)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah, I'm pretty sure only him and Jonesy are the only really hyper Christian guys on the team. Nail is a fairly devout Muslim from what I understand though as well (But hey, lets just keep that one to ourselves huh? People will look for any reason to pick on Nail)

Yes there are some crazy post 911 stories even in Edmonton, that Islamic elementary school on the north side was closed for a couple of weeks afterwards because of some bomb threats

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Link? I can't find any new stories on this.
Dont know about any links, just know it from living here.

Also, call me a crazy tin foil hat loon but I'm not exactly comfortable searching "islam+bomb+edmonton+9/11" on google, and worrying if im going to get a knock on the door from the rcmp.

Last edited:

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Its funny how everyone immediately smears the whipping boys for having me first character.

For all we know a guy like Eberle is equally as me first as anyone else. He was on record last season saying it "sucks" when he couldn't play on a line with Hall and RNH. Justin Schultz bailed out of Anaheim to sign a contract with whoever gave him the best deal.

I think its just best to judge players on their on ice contributions and leave the off ice speculation out of the equation because I think it really doesn't matter for the most part.

Pronger is by all accounts a huge D-bag, but he was great to have on the team. I'd take another one just like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad