Stats

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
I took a look at a few basic stats this morning. The NHL doesn't have a great reputation with their statistical accuracy, so I just look for things that stand out.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/stats.htm
At 7.5 shooting %, St.Louis is struggling to score goals so far. Lee's -10 stands out, most of that was from a really bad early season start though. I believe Salo knows a thing or two about defense. Apparently, that Stamkos guy is a good goal scorer with a 20.3 shooting %.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20132TBLSASALL&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats
Lecavalier, Thompson, Aulie, and Lee have done a good job with hits at 2+ per game. For the roles they play, Crombeen and Pyatt could stand to hit people more often. Carle doesn't normally hit much, but I think he should try for at least 1 per game. Carle does lead the team in blocks though. Surprisingly, Hedman and St.Louis are both in the NHLs top 10 for most giveaways. Vinny and Pouliot practicing together over the summer helped them both apparently as Vinny's giveaways are way down this year and Pouliot's points are up. Hall 57.1 and Lecavalier 54.2 are doing well on faceoffs. Stamkos 47.3 still needs work there. Lindback's .890 save% ranks 56th in the league.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Players who have the puck a lot, give away the puck a lot. Explains St. Louis numbers a s well as many others on the list. He does give the puck away a lot and cause a lot of turnovers but it is what it is. Being small playmaker

Hedman has played well with the puck this season so I'm not worried about that number at all.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Players who have the puck a lot, give away the puck a lot. Explains St. Louis numbers a s well as many others on the list. He does give the puck away a lot and cause a lot of turnovers but it is what it is. Being small playmaker

Hedman has played well with the puck this season so I'm not worried about that number at all.

Usually this is true for his other years, but this year most of his giveaways have been pretty stupid.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Yes. Look at the league leaders.

Kovalchuk, Coburn, Hamonic, Markov, Seabrook, MSL, Tavares, Hedman, and Letang.

I also personally don't care much at all about hit statistics. There's been problems with how they've been counted in the past and I'd rather have a player that hits smart than going out of his way to try and make a hit just for the sake of it.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
The org. has stated they want the team to get tougher, which is why they traded for Crombeen. We will need more toughness especially for the playoffs IMO, so I was looking around the stats site looking for someone else we could trade for. Someone from a team that is unlikely to make the NHL playoffs, someone who hits, a generally solid player, a RH Dman preferred, someone who has enough offensive skills to fit on this team, someone who doesn't make a boat load of money, someone who has decent size. And who did I find? Absolutely no one. Gudas is looking better all the time.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The org. has stated they want the team to get tougher, which is why they traded for Crombeen. We will need more toughness especially for the playoffs IMO, so I was looking around the stats site looking for someone else we could trade for. Someone from a team that is unlikely to make the NHL playoffs, someone who hits, a generally solid player, a RH Dman preferred, someone who has enough offensive skills to fit on this team, someone who doesn't make a boat load of money, someone who has decent size. And who did I find? Absolutely no one. Gudas is looking better all the time.

Kurtis Foster fits that except the hitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad