Statistics Thread

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Who I’ve been told is awful/nothing special. Wouldn’t consider that encouraging eh?

I didn't comment on it being a good or bad figure and you're the one who said it wasn't encouraging. Why you bothered to post what I'm quoting here I'll never know.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think the question with Grealish is whether he can be as good as he has been with Villa when he touches the ball half or a third as much with a top team.

If Villa goes down, he’d have to be sold this summer. Not sure what the best landing spot for him is. Chelsea, Liverpool, City would probably be out. United a maybe but he would need to play RW which he never does. Doubtful Spurs would bid. Arsenal who knows financially.

Leicester or Wolves would be a fun landing spot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I didn't comment on it being a good or bad figure and you're the one who said it wasn't encouraging. Why you bothered to post what I'm quoting here I'll never know.
I don't know why you post a lot of things but here we are.

Besides it was just a bit of banter, like the above, because van Dijk went an entire season without getting dribbled.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't know why you post a lot of things but here we are.

Besides it was just a bit of banter, like the above, because van Dijk went an entire season without getting dribbled.

"Also getting dribbled 5 times in 11 games worth as a CB isn’t encouraging" doesn't strike me as banter though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Villa goes down, he’d have to be sold this summer. Not sure what the best landing spot for him is. Chelsea, Liverpool, City would probably be out. United a maybe but he would need to play RW which he never does. Doubtful Spurs would bid. Arsenal who knows financially.

Leicester as James Maddison replacement lol

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He could play left when Rashford isn't there. There's so many games that Rashford, Pogba and Bruno can't play every one.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Grealish would basically be the 2nd option behind all of Rashford/Bruno/Pogba. He wouldn't be a consistent starter on United.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I looked at a different piece thanks to your link. The piece about secondary assists was interesting. I don't care if people don't track it so much, but I would think it would be in the interest of clubs/scouts to do so. Made Sancho's stats even more impressive and as I suspected really was a high number for a player like Brandt.

Reactions: YNWA14

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I started on this a bit in the transfer thread regarding Greenwood but this is a better place for it.

I think he’s an elite finisher. But he’s not going to sustain this run which is why I said people shouldn’t expect a monster season right away. But I do think he’s going to get chances in this team, and he’s definitely the best finisher in the team now. If they got Sancho I wouldn’t be opposed to eventually selling Martial to move Greenwood into the middle.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Firmino has 8 goals and 10 assists in 31 EPL+CL games (3282 minutes). One G/A every 182 minutes. His team scored 72+15 goals. Firmino contributed 18/87 goals (20%).
Kane has 19 goals and 2 assists in 28 EPL+CL games (2500 minutes). One G/A every 119 minutes. His team scored 51+18 goals. Kane contributed 21/69 (30%).

As a comparison with a striker having a bad season :
Lacazette has 8+3 in 25 EPL games (1513 minutes). G/A every 137 minutes.

And a striker supposed to have a good one :
Auba has 19+2 in 2747 EPL minutes; G/A every 131 minutes.

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino is a defacto midfielder who plays much deeper than those other three while also not meant to be even the secondary scoring threat when on the field, given all else he does I’m happy with his production especially considering that part relative to those he’s being compared to here.

Reactions: Cassano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As long as Liverpool keep winning, there is nothing to complain about Firmino.
The problem is LFC don’t have anyone that can score off the bench.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Impressive. Hazard was always a playmaker first, so no surprise that his passing stats are better, while Pulisic tends to drive the ball towards the goal for a chance himself more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad