Statistics Thread

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

EqBEBqwXMAIrAx0

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kadewere is special. He's just so deadly when he shoots and he's also a smart passer.

An interesting stat for him. Last year with Le Havre, he scored 10 goals on his first 11 shots.

Ganogo is an interesting young player too, and obviously Gouiri.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
rto1f7eun5861.png

Matches the eye test for Chelsea. We play out from the back, but our buildup in attack is shit and doesn't break down teams, and despite having a ton of players very suited to direct football we aren't anywhere close to being direct.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Olivier Giroud was Chelsea's and France's leading goal scorer in 2020. Quite impressive for a 34 year old.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I have been a huge Grealish fan for a long time now, but even me didn't expect him to be that dominant.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not going to !"%! on Mount who I really like, but tells you more about which teams are good and the style they are playing in my opinion.

Even De Bruyne wouldn't have been close to those numbers playing for Sheffield United.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not going to !"%! on Mount who I really like, but tells you more about which teams are good and the style they are playing in my opinion.

Even De Bruyne wouldn't have been close to those numbers playing for Sheffield United.
Definitely being on a good team will improve your stats, and it's why I typically prefer stats that try and adjust for possession as it can at least account for how much players actually get the ball.

Mount has been far better than he gets credit for though, especially on here where there are posters who shit on him regularly and claim he does nothing. His defensive stats have also been very good this season, 2nd best player on the team for that essentially.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Definitely being on a good team will improve your stats, and it's why I typically prefer stats that try and adjust for possession as it can at least account for how much players actually get the ball.

Mount has been far better than he gets credit for though, especially on here where there are posters who shit on him regularly and claim he does nothing. His defensive stats have also been very good this season, 2nd best player on the team for that essentially.

There are some very knowledgably posters on here of course, but it also at times feels like a big Asch conformity experiment.

But not to derail this thread into a Mount-discussion - I'm not surprised that even with the limited value just that tweet/stat might have - it still gives a small indication of how well he is playing at the moment. I'm not surprised.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Mount is a brilliant player, just lacks final third creativity and vision between the lines. He's crazy agile and great at making passing angles. He just doesn't think/see quickly enough. He still ruins many attacks by making the wrong decision or not being able to see a killer pass. He can become an elite player with the right coaching. Reminds me of Eriksen.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Mount is a brilliant player, just lacks final third creativity and vision between the lines. He's crazy agile and great at making passing angles. He just doesn't think/see quickly enough. He still ruins many attacks by making the wrong decision or not being able to see a killer pass. He can become an elite player with the right coaching. Reminds me of Eriksen.
I mean, Mount is 2nd on Chelsea in goal creating actions, 5th in goal creating actions per 90 minutes behind Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Werner, and Pulisic, all of whom play in pure attacking roles. His defensive actions are 2nd only to Kante.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I mean, Mount is 2nd on Chelsea in goal creating actions, 5th in goal creating actions per 90 minutes behind Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Werner, and Pulisic, all of whom play in pure attacking roles. His defensive actions are 2nd only to Kante.

Those stats really can’t measure his offensive or defensive ability. But yeah, he is good. Just needs to think the game better on the ball. Many players with many passes into the final third have bad vision, they pick the wrong pass, or don’t see the right pass at the right moment.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Those stats really can’t measure his offensive or defensive ability. But yeah, he is good. Just needs to think the game better on the ball.
They don't measure ability, but they measure his contributions on the field in those areas. Do I think he's the most creative offensive talent? Definitely not, but he's been excelling playing as a box to box midfielder and has been a rock in the squad this year.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
They don't measure ability, but they measure his contributions on the field in those areas. Do I think he's the most creative offensive talent? Definitely not, but he's been excelling playing as a box to box midfielder and has been a rock in the squad this year.

I don’t disagree. He will peak very high because he is good in a lot of areas

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad