Statistics Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
ZMXOpqC2jqCVXrQoqA5IPv-Lb-xvi-hN3l2t6JIDsX8.jpg
That Liverpool plotpoint is pretty impressive and encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Interesting stuff

Great stuff. He's highlighted a lot of others players upon request in the replies.

Usually the players in that top quadrant are considered press-resistant (i.e. they can reliably dribble or pass to progress the ball which allows them to evade pressing players), which is one of the most important skill sets for a midfielder right now with how common aggressive pressing has become. My one complaint is there are a lot of attacking midfielders and wingers in here, which is going to skew their stats.

https://twitter.com/AniNair14/status/1334928035787653121

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm high on Arsenal going in for De Paul in the winter. Nothing overly flashy, but seems like an overall effective player, who could get the ball up to the front 3 at a more consistent rate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm high on Arsenal going in for De Paul in the winter. Nothing overly flashy, but seems like an overall effective player, who could get the ball up to the front 3 at a more consistent rate.
Hasn't Arsenal been linked with Berge as well?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hasn't Arsenal been linked with Berge as well?
Yes and Bissouma. Shows where Arteta wants to reinforce this window. Really any of those 3 players would be good buys, although I don't think Bissouma moves until a later window. Brighton will be asking a lot and he has just started to truly find his groove in the Prem.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So maybe Liverpool really weren't as interested in Werner as the people on here were.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not surprised to see Marcos Llorente there, he's incredible.
Though he's not a forward (Simeone has tried there I think he could be very effective)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
So maybe Liverpool really weren't as interested in Werner as the people on here were.
I think they were really interested. LFC just were not convinced on paying that much up front while in a pandemic with so much uncertainty regarding future revenues.

Chelsea paid €50M+ upfront! + a salary of £150k/w +

Liverpool got Jota for €5M upfront (rest of €40M in instalments) + salary of around £90k/w

Chelsea had their war chest ready and got him early.

Not to mention commission and signing bonus which were higher for Werner.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I saw that graphic a couple days ago and I have big questions over the metrics they're using. What exactly qualifies as "successful defensive actions"? And what possession-adjustments are they making? Rice is typically way up there in defensive metrics and guys like Ceballos and Sigurdsson ranking above him? Doesn't quite pass the smell test for me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I saw that graphic a couple days ago and I have big questions over the metrics they're using. What exactly qualifies as "successful defensive actions"? And what possession-adjustments are they making? Rice is typically way up there in defensive metrics and guys like Ceballos and Sigurdsson ranking above him? Doesn't quite pass the smell test for me.
Rice has been down in defensive actions this year, so that could explain it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So Football Slices, one of the best sites for radars, is no more for "reasons out of their control".

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Honestly I'm well on record about Henderson being underrated, but this surprised me a little bit. I knew his passing and progression were better than given credit for, but I didn't expect it was this good, and I expected more defensive actions. Wijnaldum makes sense given he's more of a tempo setter and is used more for recycling the ball, resisting pressure, defending space and making late runs.

Hojbjerg and Ceballos pass the eye test for me; they've both been really good, Ceballos especially in a really bad situation at Arsenal. Would be interesting to see him in a more positive environment.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Honestly I'm well on record about Henderson being underrated, but this surprised me a little bit. I knew his passing and progression were better than given credit for, but I didn't expect it was this good, and I expected more defensive actions. Wijnaldum makes sense given he's more of a tempo setter and is used more for recycling the ball, resisting pressure, defending space and making late runs.

Hojbjerg and Ceballos pass the eye test for me; they've both been really good, Ceballos especially in a really bad situation at Arsenal. Would be interesting to see him in a more positive environment.
Mount was better than I even expected, and I've been singing his praises for how fantastic he's been as a box-to-box this year.

Hojbjerg has been fantastic and I've been raving about him since last year as he was great at Southampton and actually performing better at Tottenham. Ceballos has been good when I've seen him, and I don't think Arsenal have used him very well.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->