Post-Game Talk (GBU): Static Discharge

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Thought Bogosian played one of his best games as a Sabre. Liked the defense as a whole. The forwards' turnovers (Mitts...) and inability to maintain possession is a bigger issue than the defense IMO.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
G: Hutton
Dahlin
Eichel
Skinner

B: Mittelstadt
Thompson

U: Sobotka
Botterill (for keeping an inept coach)

Housley's coaching IQ might be the lowest in the league.
Beaulieu is playing better than Scandella and McCabe this season and is also more physical and better in transition but he was barely dressed.
Putting Sobotka with Eichel at times in the d zone...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Gotta preface this by saying I'm gonna go a little more off the handle than I normally would when stealing a point from the best team post-lockout...

I love Tampa Bay's team structure from top down. Depth, some grit, top end talent, decent farm system always, doesn't make safe picks in the draft and reaches for Russians etc manages to trae picks away and still maintains this too...

But I cant FVUIING stand them as a team on ice. So many whining cheap shot artists collected as a whole. So many guys from top down like to play tough guy after whistles...always been Hedman and Stamkos, lately Point and Kucherov is about one drty move away from suspension superstar or not. Paquette and Killorn have always been pukes but they back it up to an extent. Gourde was a pearl last game. I can't stand playing them.

Refs were garbage deciding they can reinvent the faceoff for no random reason. Risto makes a clear hit on a breakaway and gets a penalty amongst other things.

As to our own team I'll keep Bogo, Larsson, and Risto 10/10 if it means acting like the game youre playing actually matters. This team is charmin soft both mentally and physically outside of a few.

Skinner showed every reason outside of scoring why we need him to stay. Pay the man and stop bringing in moulsons, gorges, Okposo, hunwick etc etc. Cap space wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't back to back GM's bringing in dead weight and then balking at signing actual talent. You know who doesn't do that? Tampa.

Simply infuriating on both ends. equally pissed at both teams when I should just be happy for a point.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I thought Risto had one of his best games, except for not throwing fists at kucherov. At the worst you keep that demon off the ice for 5 minutes.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
Gotta preface this by saying I'm gonna go a little more off the handle than I normally would when stealing a point from the best team post-lockout...

I love Tampa Bay's team structure from top down. Depth, some grit, top end talent, decent farm system always, doesn't make safe picks in the draft and reaches for Russians etc manages to trae picks away and still maintains this too...

But I cant FVUIING stand them as a team on ice. So many whining cheap shot artists collected as a whole. So many guys from top down like to play tough guy after whistles...always been Hedman and Stamkos, lately Point and Kucherov is about one drty move away from suspension superstar or not. Paquette and Killorn have always been pukes but they back it up to an extent. Gourde was a pearl last game. I can't stand playing them.

Refs were garbage deciding they can reinvent the faceoff for no random reason. Risto makes a clear hit on a breakaway and gets a penalty amongst other things.

As to our own team I'll keep Bogo, Larsson, and Risto 10/10 if it means acting like the game youre playing actually matters. This team is charmin soft both mentally and physically outside of a few.

Skinner showed every reason outside of scoring why we need him to stay. Pay the man and stop bringing in moulsons, gorges, Okposo, hunwick etc etc. Cap space wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't back to back GM's bringing in dead weight and then balking at signing actual talent. You know who doesn't do that? Tampa.

Simply infuriating on both ends. equally pissed at both teams when I should just be happy for a point.

Couldn't agree with this more.

The last 2 Sabres games vs the lightning they have played undisciplined, penalty filled hockey. They can easily kill off our power plays, and eventually the refs stop calling penalties on them (can't let the # of penalties get too unbalanced). The refs will inevitably call b/s makeup calls against the Sabres, and TBL have a lethal power play.

Do they play like that against every team? They are the most talented team in the league. Why resort to that chicken sht...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->