State of the Phoenix Coyotes

Default101

Phoenix (AP) -- The Phoenix Coyotes financial situation can only be described as "disasterous" When new General Manager Ryan Yessie took over the team they had $5M in the bank, and were well under the minimum requirement of talent now 2 months later they have just barely reached the minimum requirement, and are up to $7M however their team salary reaches just over $27M. In desparate need of help the team is reaching out to other organizations in the league, looking to trade higher priced players with draft pick(s) (preferably not 2007) for a more affordable yet close comparison in ranking is also includes hoping to send goaltender Jocelyn Thibault who has a 2 Year 2.25M/a contract with a pick or two for a goaltender about 73OV with a lower salary. Also in an attempt to break even with their expenses the team is also willing to dip into their prospect crop and offer out rights to players for $1,000,000 a piece, those prospects would include....

Andy Schineider
Anton But
Christian Hanson
Joonas Kemppainen
Jeff Genovy
Lee Falardeau
Stanislav Neckar
Rickard Wallin
Patrick Wellar
Craig Voakes
Juraj Gracik
Juraj Prokop
Marek Ulehla
Radim Hruska
Luca Cereda
Rob Fried
Robert Schnabel
Alexander Kharitonov

if this fails the Phoenix Coyotes may need to speak with league executives on a way to keep the Coyotes franchise operational.

HFNHL Red Wings

I understand the situation the Coyotes and so I hate to break this to you but in the HFNHL players cannot be traded for just cash, actually cash cannot even be the most significant part of the trade I'm afraid.

Default101

alright all i knew was that it is an asset that can be traded assets are players, prospects, draft picks and cash, so ididn't think it mattered which was moved for which.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad