Stastny vs. Latendresse

CH Wizard

Offence - stastny

All Around - lats

the opposite imo...

Lats is just more physical but he's also more offensive even though he hasn't better numbers. When he'll have a role in the top 6, he'll rack up the points. He doesn't forecheck...Statsny is a way better all around player.

Bam Beet*

Stastny is a much better 2-way player than Latendresse. As far as offensive potential it is closer but I still think Stastny is a better playmaker but not as good as a goalscorer but I'd still take Stastny offensively over Latendresse.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Stastny is a much better 2-way player than Latendresse.
Absolutely true.

As far as offensive potential it is closer but I still think Stastny is a better playmaker but not as good as a goalscorer but I'd still take Stastny offensively over Latendresse.

Latendresse is a very underrated playmaker, the guy has amazing hockey sense and vision. Everyone who never saw him play thinks he's just a big guy who hits and shoots but he's an excellent playmaker, you have to watch him play to see it.

Offensively, Latendresse has the edge on Stastny.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Absolutely true.

Latendresse is a very underrated playmaker, the guy has amazing hockey sense and vision. Everyone who never saw him play thinks he's just a big guy who hits and shoots but he's an excellent playmaker, you have to watch him play to see it.

Offensively, Latendresse has the edge on Stastny.

I agree , Lats is a very good playmaker , he mades tremendous passes , he is underestimated in that case IMO .

Id still take Stastny over him thought

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It depends really. Stastny is obviously better right now.He's a great young player with good all around skills. Bur one thing you have to think is that Stastny just turned 21 where Latendresse is not turning 20 till the end of May. And Lats has played pretty good with 17 points on various lines..

One thing I have to point out though is that these are completely different players and this is a funny comparison. I think Montreal needs a Latendresse player much more then a Stastny type player. Even if Latendresse gets less point he will still be "more valuable" to us because he represent what we don;t have...a big potential power forward.

Hard to say who will have more points in the future, but they both should enjoy very good careers...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I got to see Stastny in the USHL and at Denver, I think most would take him over Lats as he's a good young player that's having a great year (from what I've seen as I don't see the Avs too much).

Latendresse will likely carry doubts about him as his skating/mobility/foot speed aren't pretty. What I have been most impressed about him is his passing, he has good hands but he sees the ice well and has the ability to hit the open man.

emb24*

much different players...also lats is almost 2 years younger, way more physical and much better controlling the puck along the boards (because of his size). lats will also live in the slot and take the hit to make a pass

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
Stastny will be a very good player, more offense no doubt, but i can see Guillaume hitting 80 pts and he also adds GREAT intangibles.

Some Avs fans see Stastny as possible captain in the future. He is showing good work ethic for a rookie and demonstrating leadership so far.

I think it depends on what the team needs, but I see Paul fits into Avs and Giu fits into Habs. They both will have good careers, I think.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
Latendresse will likely carry doubts about him as his skating/mobility/foot speed aren't pretty.

He actually improved his skating a lot since the beginning of the season to the point where it is no longer a liability. He won't burn defensemen with his speed, but he's got decent enough speed. He can continue to improve that aspect of his game anyway.

Bam Beet*

Oh yea, one more thing I forgot to mention.....the cubbards bare!

GSK*

Totally different players.

Latendresse > Stastny (Any day of the year)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->