Confirmed with Link: Stastny to WPG for 2022 4th + Dahlstrom

Nov 24, 2006
He had less points this season and maybe isn't quite the player he was but his advanced stats were apparently still pretty good. He's still a 2C in my eyes and playing with good players he has chemistry with should make him successful.

Again, maybe not what he was or blow your socks off but successful enough for the team to be happy. Laine should be happy, Wheeler appears happy about it.
Thank you.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Jets fan here - just wondering how Stastny has been the last two years for you guys? Haven't seen much of him to be honest, but thought he was a nice fit with Ehlers and Laine when he was here last time.

He really hasn't changed much in the eye test. He never was that fast or did anything at a super level. He still is one of the most pass-first guys I know of, he doesn't shoot enough. His stats dropping off a bit probably has as much to do with the change of linemates, something that pretty much got locked in with the coaching change. Going from Stone/Pacioretty on your sides to just about anyone else will certainly hurt all kinds of statistical production.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
We better hope Mr. Glass goes from Samuel Jackson to Bruce Willis. This team is in trouble if Stephenson is a full time 2C. I had no problem losing him due to salary versus performance other than only having one true piece to replace him.

Stephenson is a very useful player (but a 3rd/4th liner), his speed makes a difference and I think he can improve a lot, he was a big scorer in juniors. Whether he's worth 11mil/4 is another question, but it isn't a big overpayment.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I was referencing losing Stastny not Stephenson.

Marchessault is the cap hit I'd have been trying to move the most. We all knew Stastny was available and then the Pacioretty and Tuch rumors hit in the last few days but nothing about Marchy so far :dunno: Even after the Stastny trade I'd still move him to clear room for Petro before Alec Martinez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad