Confirmed with Link: Stastny to WPG for 2022 4th + Dahlstrom

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think Stastny has slowed significantly at his age, and that Glass could replace what he brings next season no problem. Clear that cap baby.

Reactions: hn777

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Nice to see the Knights make the obvious cap maneuver. Now get the full MAF hit off through a 3rd team. No more big money guys should have to go, but the only one that should be a consideration is Marchie. After MAF it should be doable with just Holden or Mcnabb.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Had to be done. Glad nothing else moving to take the contract.

This feels a little bit like a trojan horse. The Jets now have 6.5m less to play with in free agency during a time when they had the cap and $ to land a big fish, and players are being given away for pennies on the dollar. Stastny could never stay healthy the last 2 years either.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
This feels a little bit like a trojan horse. The Jets now have 6.5m less to play with in free agency during a time when they had the cap and $ to land a big fish, and players are being given away for pennies on the dollar. Stastny could never stay healthy the last 2 years either.
They might have had the cap but who was going to sign there? Best way they could help themselves was to help another team pry Petro away from the Blues. They got a decent center, their biggest need going into a weak center FA class, and potentially hurt the Blues. Win win

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What do you guys have cookin??!!

Something big is gonna happen with VGK soon... I can feel it!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What do you guys have cookin??!!

Something big is gonna happen with VGK soon... I can feel it!

Honestly this needed to happen anyway with the Stephenson signing.

They might have had the cap but who was going to sign there? Best way they could help themselves was to help another team pry Petro away from the Blues. They got a decent center, their biggest need going into a weak center FA class, and potentially hurt the Blues. Win win

After Hall & Pietrangelo, anyone else. Plus some players other than Stastny will be available for pennies on the dollar.

Stastny's durability going into a compressed 60+ game season would have been a concern. Would have preferred he go out East to Florida though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Awesome no conditions, no salary retained, no picks as sweetener and the pick up big Cully Dahlstrom.
Looks like there's a condition on the 4th, probably upgrades to a 3rd if Winnipeg makes the POs, or re-sign Stas, similar to the Eakin deal.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Looks like there's a condition on the 4th, probably upgrades to a 3rd if Winnipeg makes the POs, or re-sign Stas, similar to the Eakin deal.

The condition is if Stats plays 5 games for the Jets.

The NHL removed the re-sign condition type of pick with the new cba.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
We better hope Mr. Glass goes from Samuel Jackson to Bruce Willis. This team is in trouble if Stephenson is a full time 2C. I had no problem losing him due to salary versus performance other than only having one true piece to replace him.

Nov 24, 2006
Jets fan here - just wondering how Stastny has been the last two years for you guys? Haven't seen much of him to be honest, but thought he was a nice fit with Ehlers and Laine when he was here last time.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Jets fan here - just wondering how Stastny has been the last two years for you guys? Haven't seen much of him to be honest, but thought he was a nice fit with Ehlers and Laine when he was here last time.

He had less points this season and maybe isn't quite the player he was but his advanced stats were apparently still pretty good. He's still a 2C in my eyes and playing with good players he has chemistry with should make him successful.

Again, maybe not what he was or blow your socks off but successful enough for the team to be happy. Laine should be happy, Wheeler appears happy about it.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Stastny, Krebs, Glass, 1st round pick in 2021, 22,23,24, and 26 for Future Considerations was my fair offer!
I'd have liked them to also throw in Flowers through a 3rd team 50% retained x2. He can tutor Berdin on the Moose.

And a carwash. Like a premium one with good enough wax that you don't care if it rains in an hour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad