Stastny the next Brett Hull??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is Paul Stastny going to be the next Brett Hull?? .....for American hockey! :yo:

I am not trying to compare the playing styles of the two men, nor am I comparing their talent levels here.

I simply see a lot of similarities in the two players lives, and their personal situations.

Both come from Hall of Fame fathers, which can't be easy.

Both were never rated as future all-star prospects during their draft year, even though I think Stastny was rated relatively well his draft year, but not in the elite.

Both did the college route, with Brett Hull doing it at a time when very few Canadian born players went that way to the NHL.

Both are born in Canada, and yet have strong ties to the Stars and Stripes. I know Stastny has represented the USA before (the Viking Cup I believe), but any info on if the Avs don't make the playoffs, will Paul represent the US at the World Championships?

I know Paul has spent the vast majority, if not the entirety of his youth hockey playing in the States, just wondering if he is the next Hull/Deadmarsh/Knuble for the US.

It is funny to think that Paul as a rookie would almost top the point list for American players (he might be number one, but I didnt look to see if he had more points then Jason Blake).

Any info on what side of the fence he would play for would be helpful.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Certainly similar stories, like you said, but I think Jack and Eric Johnson are going to be bigger for American hockey than Stastny.

Hopefully though, Stastny can keep playing well and make a name for himself instead of just being "Peter's kid."

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Certainly similar stories, like you said, but I think Jack and Eric Johnson are going to be bigger for American hockey than Stastny.

Hopefully though, Stastny can keep playing well and make a name for himself instead of just being "Peter's kid."

I am sure both of the Johnsons will have a bigger impact to US hockey down the road, I cant recall the last time the US had THE 2 best d-men prospects in the game at the same time.

Stastny could surprise though, and really be the go to guy that Legwand, Connolly, and Gionta seemingly can't consistently be for the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad