Injury Report: Stastny LBI 10/8

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Personally, I don't think GMGM will make a trade. (It would be just another body he'd have to find a place for when Stastny gets back. More likely we'll see a LAS-ORD shuttle implemented.

Reactions: derriko

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The team looks like they could be good with all key players on the ice but Schmidt out 20 games, Stastny out 25-30 games, Tuch possibly out 10-20 games along with the other lesser injuries that usually pop up (Eakin, Engelland) is alot to have to overcome in the first big chunk of the season.

We could be further behind by the time the team gets everyone back and have to go on a run the last half of the season to make the playoffs and teams out of a playoff spot in the first half of the season have such a small chance of climbing back in. It's like one or two teams a year, regardless if they are only two or three points out.

May have to ride out a tough season and take the high draft picks to retool for next year with Glass, Brannstrom, Hague and Gusev (possibly Tkachyov) entering the team and Pacioretty and Stastny having a year to settle in to the team. And a year to be out of the shadow of that great inaugural season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Glass can't be recalled until his junior team's season is over.

Only if EVERY other forward was unavailable (including all those in AHL/ECHL on NHL contracts), he could be recalled on an emergency basis.

But I find it highly unlikely that could happen.

Recall that Ferguson was recalled on emergency basis from juniors last year, but only after three other goalies were out injured and he was needed for backup. (And he went back to junior as soon as one of those guys was healthy enough to back up)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Pirri is fools gold. Love his shot, but that's all he brings to the table...the one timer on the PP.

Can't you insulate him on a line with Eakin and Nosek who are more defensively responsible and let those two set him up when in the offensive zone and let him take Carpenter's spot on the PP?

We need goals right now and he can provide them, as long as we make sure we mitigate his lack of defensive ability.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Can't you insulate him on a line with Eakin and Nosek who are more defensively responsible and let those two set him up when in the offensive zone and let him take Carpenter's spot on the PP?

We need goals right now and he can provide them, as long as we make sure we mitigate his lack of defensive ability.

Give it a chance, I'm all for it. We have nothing to lose...I'm not big on Carpy anyway.

If it doesn't work, the worst thing that happens is he goes back to Chicago.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Pirri wouldn't be useful in the role Carpenter is being asked to fill on the PP anyways. That being the normal spot of Tuch as the net front guy. Given that we already have 13 healthy forwards on the roster I'm not sure any call up will be more than a healthy scratch most nights.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Pirri wouldn't be useful in the role Carpenter is being asked to fill on the PP anyways. That being the normal spot of Tuch as the net front guy. Given that we already have 13 healthy forwards on the roster I'm not sure any call up will be more than a healthy scratch most nights.
Carpenter is a one man turnover show on PP.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Carpenter is a one man turnover show on PP.

Yeah a guy who was on waivers just last year on the PP is kind of sad. I like him, but he’s a 13th forward / pker.

Eakin has been a bit of a black hole offensively in Vegas, but historically he’s a high teen goal scorer. Maybe see what he’s got left in him. As we just saw, he has a good shot.

Another option could be PEB. He is twice as strong as Carpenter, and has surprisingly good hands. He could just post up in front and dare defenseman to move him. Those two are probably 2nd and 3rd best in the dot which is even more crucial on the PP.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
With Eakin being the glue needed to the second like with Pacioretty and Tuch, where does Stastny fit upon return? Would it be worth messing with the first line if they still continue to be inconsistent?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
With Eakin being the glue needed to the second like with Pacioretty and Tuch, where does Stastny fit upon return? Would it be worth messing with the first line if they still continue to be inconsistent?
Either replace Smith with him(or Haula) on the 1st, or have a 3rd consisting of Carr - Stastny - Haula.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
8c3a8c91e5ee54b920f5065ed1f04b75.jpg

Either replace Smith with him(or Haula) on the 1st, or have a 3rd consisting of Carr - Stastny - Haula.

Yes indeed. I want to see Glass and Patches together next year anyway. It will be the first time in Pacioretty's career he'd play with a Right handed C for a like stretch of time.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sometimes at least a week once the guy starts skating before he returns to lineup.

Next: which player(s) will be moved to open roster spot for his return?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sometimes at least a week once the guy starts skating before he returns to lineup.

Next: which player(s) will be moved to open roster spot for his return?
Lindberg should be sent down or traded for a pick, and I hope Carpenter will be moved to 13th forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->