Eklund Rumor: Starving for Trade Rumours

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I'd have barkov in my top 10 centers. Probably right at or near the 10th spot but it counts. Giroux McKinnon and Eichel are all really close and all offensively more gifted. Barkov is really solid in his own end though and he gets the nod based on that.

As for center depth, Florida does pretty well. If they get an injury at center they have guys that can slot over and fill in.

The Wild do pretty well when it comes to center depth. Ducks and Kings have strong depth as well.

As for Pittsburg, they have two top 5 centers in the league. That's great, but I wouldn't say they have good center depth. Center depth to me is having any center in your lineup go down to injury and still being able to adequately ice 4 centers.

Pittsburg is in need of a 3rd line center. If Malkin or Crosby were to go down right now they'd be in a fair bit of trouble.

Malkin is due for his yearly 20 game injury.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
you have a 25 year old with one 40pt season to his name as a 2c? he had 14pts in 54 games last year.

Barkov - top 15C
Trochek - High end 2C
Bjugstad - 3C
McCann - 4C that is turning into a 3C

panthers are strong down the middle, but im pretty sure they are well behind a few teams.

the leafs for example, had a 40g #1C, 32g #2C and 55pt #3C

Matthews> Barkov
Kadri < Trochek
Bozak > Bjugstad

Poor way of rating them .

Matthews
Barkov
Trochek
Kadri
Bjugstad base on the D side of things I give him the edge
Bozak

In the end with Florida having the 2 and 3 best C on that list it is very close

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Poor way of rating them .

Matthews
Barkov
Trochek
Kadri
Bjugstad base on the D side of things I give him the edge
Bozak

In the end with Florida having the 2 and 3 best C on that list it is very close

yet at the end of the day they dont have a C that has even hit 30g or 60pts yet

Matthews 40g/69pts last year, Kadri 32g/61pts last year. And Bozak outscored the guy you think is better based on "D" by 41 pts

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Easily. And I'm pretty sure most on here, along with the most recent TSN and NHL.com rankings, have him around 8-10.
No offense, but MacKinnon, Giroux and Eichel are very clearly at least one or two tiers below Barkov, and none are close to top 10 C's. And I've very rarely seen people put Seguin and Scheifele above Barkov in the almost weekly "Rank the C's" threads here on the main boards.

Sorry, but I just had to do it. Barkov is an unreal player though.

** We do suck this year, but the Sabres have great depth down the middle.
Eichel
O'Rielly
Reinhart
Girgensons
Larsson
Joesfson

Middlestadt, Asplund, Pu in the pipeline. Those three will be either here or in the AHL next year and they are all 20 or younger. Middlestadt might even be here late March.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad